testtest

How To Master Tight Pistol Shots with the Focus Drill

Good article
D7C046F1-264C-4BEB-94ED-E0BF5E85C006.jpeg

Showoff...

Yes, a good article. I will alternate at the range from "panic situation" run the gun targets, to slower, focused targets...but I haven't done a reholster between each shot yet. I'll have to add that to my regimen.
The range officer gave me the consistency target to challenge myself when he kept seeing me shoot tight groups.
Get me out of my norm and work on consistency and to slow down.
that pic is 5 yards. I started at 3 yards to get technique down.

if you have not shot a target similar, i suggest it. Really makes you focus on grip, and fundamentals of how you are actually managing the firearm

The range I go to has similar targets - a single sheet, with I want to say (16) or (20) 3" bulls on it. I'll use those sometimes, put two rounds on each bull then move to the next. Generally 5 yards or maybe 7, depending if it's an "on" or an "off" day ;) But again, I typically don't re-holster between targets. I'll add that variable when I'm practicing at home, so I can practice more "first" shots. I'll have to talk to the R.O. though, and see if something like that would require me to get holster-certified for the range rules...

The range I go to has similar targets - a single sheet, with I want to say (16) or (20) 3" bulls on it. I'll use those sometimes, put two rounds on each bull then move to the next. Generally 5 yards or maybe 7, depending if it's an "on" or an "off" day ;) But again, I typically don't re-holster between targets. I'll add that variable when I'm practicing at home, so I can practice more "first" shots. I'll have to talk to the R.O. though, and see if something like that would require me to get holster-certified for the range rules...
I had to get holster certified for my range with their class

Back