testtest

How would you do long term storage..

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
1582818658500.jpeg

Last edited:
Brownells sells long-term storage bags of various sizes that include a treatment to resist rust. Aluminum exterior that real tough. One version uses a valve were you use a vacuum cleaner to suck the air out.

I use some of those for storage and the vacuum has held for years.

If I'm going to stow away my treasured firearms for a GOOD length of time I think I would do this.

Get my vacuum bag. Place my well lubed firearm inside. Fill the vacuum bag to over flowing with
Bloxygen Perserver. Then take the vacuum cleaner to the bag and evacuate the Bloxygen as best
the vacuum can do.
This should prevent there being any Oxygen or Moisture remaining in the Vac Pac.
Bloxygen is really inert Argon gas.

That's what I would do.
https://www.amazon.com/Bloxygen-Pre...d=1582837890&sprefix=nitrogen+,aps,215&sr=8-7

I have wondered about my wife’s “ Space bags”. We store seasonal clothes in them. They suck down with a vacuum cleaner. Maybe ok for semi long term storage. For seriously long term storage I’d have to look into some more modern technology, but I do know of firearms that have survived for decades being slathered in cosmoline and glued into PVC pipes.

For seriously long term storage I’d have to look into some more modern technology, but I do know of firearms that have survived for decades being slathered in cosmoline and glued into PVC pipes.
My issue is not to have to spend a week and a half scrubbing the firearm to use it.
I like the idea of slit the pack open, pop in a mag and go.

It's the science of displacement.... removing the bad Oxygen and Moisture for good harmless Argon.
Kind of like replacing the bad Democrats for the good Republicans at election time! (y)
Science of Displacement..... good stuff!!!
Maybe we should send a few cases to the DNC and the Democratic side of both houses of congress. 😈

But seriously, I've never heard of this stuff before, it's very interesting, Thanks for pointing it out Sarge. 👍

That’s why I referred to seriously long term storage. I’m not sure a vacuum bag is going to do the job on something buried in the woods for 40 years. :)
Could work together I think. Vac Pac the firearm as I suggested. Then use your PVC tube only before closing it
purge it with the Argon gas. Screw the top on and seal the seams with silicone sealer.

Inert gas works great for food. Potato chip makers I understand use Nitrogen to purge the chip bag prior to sealing.
That's why the bag can be fresh after several months. Then go stale over night after you open them! :ROFLMAO:

Back