testtest

I love mouse guns

right now, i have a wee bit of a problem, holding my Hellcat, due to it's small size. (even with the pinky extension)

i keep "looking" at a Sig 365 XL at the mom/pop store, but again, that tiny size.....

so a "mouse gun" would not be one that i'd wanna even consider.

but for a collector, then to have one or several would only add to the overall value of the entire collection.

right now, i have a wee bit of a problem, holding my Hellcat, due to it's small size. (even with the pinky extension)

i keep "looking" at a Sig 365 XL at the mom/pop store, but again, that tiny size.....

so a "mouse gun" would not be one that i'd wanna even consider.

but for a collector, then to have one or several would only add to the overall value of the entire collection.
Initially, I had the same issue with my Hellcat 11 and 13 round mags. When the 15 round OEM mags were released, I bought a few and the issue disappeared. Gave the 11 and 13 round mags to a relative with small hands who bought a Hellcat after shooting mine. BTW, after shooting a P365 380 owned by a member at my club, I ordered one, due mostly to almost no recoil and great accuracy. He has small hands and uses the 10 round mag with the pinky extension which I could only get about half of my pinky on. He told me he ordered some slightly larger aftermarket floor plates which he'll let me try when he gets them. If that doesn't work, I'll probably pick up a few of the 12 round mags after my order arrives as I'm sure they they'll provide the full grip needed for my XL hands. Not looking to retire or replace any of my current pistols but getting it simply because it's fun to shoot. Here's a link for the OEM Springfield Hellcat 15 round mags, less than factory website:

Edit to add link

Last edited:
Initially, I had the same issue with my Hellcat 11 and 13 round mags. When the 15 round OEM mags were released, I bought a few and the issue disappeared. Gave the 11 and 13 round mags to a relative with small hands who bought a Hellcat after shooting mine. BTW, after shooting a P365 380 owned by a member at my club, I ordered one, due mostly to almost no recoil and great accuracy. He has small hands and uses the 10 round mag with the pinky extension which I could only get about half of my pinky on. He told me he ordered some slightly larger aftermarket floor plates which he'll let me try when he gets them. If that doesn't work, I'll probably pick up a few of the 12 round mags after my order arrives as I'm sure they they'll provide the full grip needed for my XL hands. Not looking to retire or replace any of my current pistols but getting it simply because it's fun to shoot. Here's a link for the OEM Springfield Hellcat mags, $10 cheaper than on Springfield's website:

Edit to add link
oh i have (wink-wink) 15 round mags, but we have that stupid 10 round limit law, until it gets to the 5th circuit court, to be struck down.

With recent improvements to 380 ammo from companies like Black Hills, Lehigh, Underwood, and other manufacturers, some SD ammo in 380 now meets FBI standards, bringing it very close to 9mm performance in standard pressures and almost scary in +P. I now carry these standard pressure rounds in all my EDC's including my 380's with confidence that it will "stop the threat" as long as I do my part. I will say that in colder weather, I tend to carry my 9mm's. In warmer weather, I feel the 380 is a "mouse gun" no more. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
I inherited this 25ACP many years ago. I rubbed it with steel wool , did a cold blue job on it and made the walnut grips. It's Italian, the proof marks all over it look like Tanfoglio. It shoots straight and very fast. I carry it from time to time but it feels as heavy as my Hellcat.
20220512_230718~3.jpg
20220513_092607~2.jpg20220513_092726~2.jpg

I have a fondness for "mouse guns" and own several. However, there seems to be some disagreement on just what a mouse gun is these days. My definition is a small, pocket sized pistol in no caliber larger than .32 acp. And even then the .32s would depend on overall size. IMHO the Beretta 3230 Tomcat is the biggest thing that can be considered a mouse gun. And even that is pushing the definition.
However, many modern writers now want to include .380s and even some 9mms in the mouse gun category. Just because its small for its caliber, does not make it a mouse gun. True mouse guns are generally in .22 or .25 caliber and will fit in the palm of your hand.
I, myself, prefer those in .25acp. Simply because the center fire .25 is much more reliable than the rimfire .22s. There are some really nice .22s out there, but choose your ammo carefully.
During the 1990s I was a Boy Scout Leader working at the District/Council level. This often had me out at night in some not too friendly parts of town. Its darn near impossible to hide a decent sized gun in a Scout uniform. On these nights my PSP-25 was always in my pocket. I never felt under gunned with it.
One must also change tactics with a mouse gun. Forget center mass. Odds are this gun will be used at bad breath distances anyway. Instead, stick the gun right in the BG's face and pull the trigger. Several times. While the bad guy is distracted by the blood and pain, you run like Hell! Always remember that the true purpose of a self defense gun is to save your life. Doesn't matter if the BG is incapacitated or not as long as you get away unharmed. ;)

I have a fondness for "mouse guns" and own several. However, there seems to be some disagreement on just what a mouse gun is these days. My definition is a small, pocket sized pistol in no caliber larger than .32 acp. And even then the .32s would depend on overall size. IMHO the Beretta 3230 Tomcat is the biggest thing that can be considered a mouse gun. And even that is pushing the definition.
However, many modern writers now want to include .380s and even some 9mms in the mouse gun category. Just because its small for its caliber, does not make it a mouse gun. True mouse guns are generally in .22 or .25 caliber and will fit in the palm of your hand.
I, myself, prefer those in .25acp. Simply because the center fire .25 is much more reliable than the rimfire .22s. There are some really nice .22s out there, but choose your ammo carefully.
During the 1990s I was a Boy Scout Leader working at the District/Council level. This often had me out at night in some not too friendly parts of town. Its darn near impossible to hide a decent sized gun in a Scout uniform. On these nights my PSP-25 was always in my pocket. I never felt under gunned with it.
One must also change tactics with a mouse gun. Forget center mass. Odds are this gun will be used at bad breath distances anyway. Instead, stick the gun right in the BG's face and pull the trigger. Several times. While the bad guy is distracted by the blood and pain, you run like Hell! Always remember that the true purpose of a self defense gun is to save your life. Doesn't matter if the BG is incapacitated or not as long as you get away unharmed. ;)

Very very impressive collection

Bought a few mouse guns off a Sergeant I worked with years and years ago that dabbled in buying and selling. He sold me an off the wall brand .45 Derringer for $25 and told me to shoot it and if after shooting it I wanted my money back he would refund with no questions asked. Took it out and put two rounds through it and the whole palm of my hand turned black and blue. I sold it back, he then told me that I was the 4th return of that gun.

Back