testtest

Idaho Central Credit Union Prohibits Firearm & Ammo Purchases by Members

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Might pay to really read all sorts of user agreements before signing, but who has time for that eh ... Might be surprised what the lawyers stuck in there, often ostensibly under the umbrella of limiting thier "liabilty" but just happen to impress thier values upon others.

Hi,

I don't know if you read any of the comments below that article. Some of them are quite concerning. One poster said that the user agreements could make a customer an investor in the financial institution and that institution would then have a feduciary responsibility to all of its investors. Your money would no longer be your money. The institution could use it as it sees fit to keep the institution solvent for all of its customers. I've been trying to talk Mrs. BassCliff into buying some gold.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

I'm certain the C.R.'s right to this type of arbitrary dictation is well defined in the contracts fine print.

Anybody has the opportunity to put anything they want into the fine print of a contract. It doesn't make it right, and sometimes it's illegal. In this case, once the "fine print" got public attention the ICCU relented. From the article:

KTVB reported on the ICCU’s heavy-handed terms and conditions in a recent news story. Caught red-handed, the credit union promptly revised their terms and conditions.

Gone is the verbiage prohibiting firearm and ammunition purchases, crypto and controlled substances.

I know contracts are a pain but sometimes it pays to read the fine print. And that's my profound glimpse into the obvious for this morning. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Here is their apology/clarification for getting caught:

They appear to have branches all over my old stomping grounds but the HQ appears to be in Boise, which is the typical blue capital city in a red state. Must watch everything going on in what we regarded as safe states.

Here is their apology/clarification for getting caught:

They appear to have branches all over my old stomping grounds but the HQ appears to be in Boise, which is the typical blue capital city in a red state. Must watch everything going on in what we regarded as safe states.
Not really an apology. Hope they go out of business.

if i was to be a member, i'd NOT accept that apology.

it should have been proofread by the legal dept much better.

and i'd still pull outta there.....God only knows what they might sneak in some time later, with even a smaller print.

as mentioned, it is NOT thier money, but the members who can and should do with it as they please.

I have no problem with people believing, liking or disliking anything. You're entitled to your own opinion.
However, the trend these days seems to be people, groups and organizations trying to force their beliefs on others. Its especially annoying when corporations that do business with and rely on the public to exist try to force the opinions of their leadership upon their own customers. That pisses me off. 🤬

One poster said that the user agreements could make a customer an investor in the financial institution and that institution would then have a feduciary responsibility to all of its investors.

BassCliff

That IS the fundamental definition of a Credit Union .

Member Owned, and operated for the benefit of the Members.

Every Account Holder is a member . Has the right to vote at the Meetings.

Back