testtest

If you......

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
If you could only have one gun because of government interference, what would it be and why that particular one? I would pick a 1911 in .45acp cause of durability, reliability, ease of operation, since it’s been around for over 100 years, parts availability, plus it’s very effective.

I was going to answer with my xdm 9mm, but if we have to take parts into account I have to go with my glock g17. I prefer my xdm so much more, but getting parts for a glock should be much easier.

As much as I like my SA 1911 RO 45ACP it's not the one I'd take.

My keeper would be the Glock 23 40 S&W, with the conversion barrels for 9mm & 357SIG.
As Grifter said, parts are all over the place. I would also have some versatility on ammo.

Let's face it each of us can have a love affair with a certain caliber cartridge, but the one you
will find most anyplace is a 9mm. That is the deciding factor on what size you will select.
Then it boils down to the make and model. Mine is Glock.

Now if there was any way to sneak another it would be my SA 1911.
OOOOOhhhhh, sneak a third my 300 BO and a 4th would be the
Ruger Mark IV as 22LR will be easy to find too.

Now I would be weeping cause the 44mags, 45LC/410 and 454 and others are left behind.

Last edited:
As much as I like my SA 1911 RO 45ACP it's not the one I'd take.

My keeper would be the Glock 23 40 S&W, with the conversion barrels for 9mm & 357SIG.
As Grifter said, parts are all over the place. I would also have some versatility on ammo.

Let's face each of us can have a love affair with a certain caliber cartridge, but the one you
will find most anyplace is a 9mm. That is the deciding factor on what size you will select.
Then it boils down to the make and model. Mine is Glock.

Now if there was any way to sneak another it would be my SA 1911.
OOOOOhhhhh, sneak a third my 300 BO and a 4th would be the
Ruger Mark IV as 22LR will be easy to find too.

Now I would be weeping cause the 44mags, 45LC/410 and 454 and others are left behind.

Dang it , now you be making me go buy another gun . I don't have a 9mm at this time. I do have plenty of ammo to feed one though. :);)

Dang it , now you be making me go buy another gun . I don't have a 9mm at this time. I do have plenty of ammo to feed one though. :);)
Alrighty Papa you need to explain.... You don't have a 9mm, yet you have plenty of ammo to feed it.
What in the world is going on at your residence?

Hehehe . I used to own a 9 mm but no longer do. I do have a couple rounds ( ;);) ) stored away though. No sense in getting rid of something you might have a need for later in life.

Well being the rebel that I am, (and trying to find loopholes wherever they may be), I'd have to go with my 9mm Sig P320sc (to start with). Since I have mucho P320 parts (several barrels in different calibers (9,40,357 sig, 45), and many different Grip sizes (along with several X-change kits containing slides to match barrel & frame size), I can come up with more than one by just "plugging" in the 9mm sub compact's FCU. I like the modularity of the P320.

I could have chosen my Glock 19, but since it’s a Gen 5, I don’t have enough faith in it yet, plus parts are not all that available yet.

Back