testtest

I'm reading reports about Springfield Ohio

When I lived in nearby Dayton in the 70's Springfield was an affluent little town with thriving induustry. People drove from many miles toshop in the mall. I hear COVID killed a lot of their jobs and in recovery, finding workers was a challenge, so some of those immigrants are welcome. But the sudden influx has stressed city and medical services. I read that the medical center is spending $50k a month just on translators.

In other news, I have heard they have made great strides in controlling the feral cat population.

I am thinking of driving up there to find a a voodoo hex contractor who gives quantity discounts....

Not this dog

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1725719672986.jpg
    FB_IMG_1725719672986.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 63
I grew up in the Springfield area and called it my hometown. Lived in the area for 43 years but due to the job situation getting worse with all the larger industry moving elsewhere I moved to Illinois for a work opportunity. While I still prefer Ohio to Illinois Springfield has steadily gone downhill. International Harvester is all but gone, Steel Products is gone, other larger companies with good wages and benefits are gone, Now it is job shops, tool & die shops, small stores etc. and people need to drive to Dayton or Columbus for work. My Brother in Law says it's true about the Haitians. Springfield did have about 60,000 population and 15,000 to some say 20,000 Haitians have been settled there and they have run out of housing for them and are begging the federal Gov't for help.

I grew up in the Springfield area and called it my hometown. Lived in the area for 43 years but due to the job situation getting worse with all the larger industry moving elsewhere I moved to Illinois for a work opportunity. While I still prefer Ohio to Illinois Springfield has steadily gone downhill. International Harvester is all but gone, Steel Products is gone, other larger companies with good wages and benefits are gone, Now it is job shops, tool & die shops, small stores etc. and people need to drive to Dayton or Columbus for work. My Brother in Law says it's true about the Haitians. Springfield did have about 60,000 population and 15,000 to some say 20,000 Haitians have been settled there and they have run out of housing for them and are begging the federal Gov't for help.
I was sationed at Wright-Patt and then worked at the PD in Montgomery County for a couple years. Springfield was such a nice community in the day. Sad to hear what has happened there.

Two sides to the story it seems. They came in response to a demand for workers willing to take entry level jobs and due to taking up available housing the rental prices have spiked raising homelessness even among the lower income residents already there. Possible too many too fast and ill planned

Back