testtest

Impulse buy - Springfield Armory P9 Compact 9mm

Bragah

Elite
I went to the range today to try out the Prodigy with the new Dawson Magwell and that went great. Loved it.

I browsed the display cases after I was done and in the 'Pre-Owned' section, I see this. A Springfield Armory P9C. I have no clue what year it is, store didn't know either, but the Serial # is NM06XXXP - I'll call Springfield and ask.

I have -never- seen one before, nor heard anything about them but just looking at it, It was a beauty. I did a quick Google on it and read what I could and found out it was made as a CZ75 clone and Tangfolio had something to do with it.

It's in excellent condition, the wood on the handles is flawless and looks like it's brand new. Minor wear and a handful or tiny scratches. Comes with two 13rd mags. Previous owner put whiteout (lol) on the front site but that'll come off easily. Obviously couldn't test it but everything worked and the trigger felt amazing.

Price tag was $299, so I bought it. Can't pick it up yet as it's got to go through the 30 day vetting process (They just got it in yesterday) so I'll be picking it up in early March once cleared.

Honestly it's hard to find much information on this but I feel like I have a great find here for a really good price. Anyone know anything about these? People seem to like them and they're pretty rare from what I can see.

Couple not so great pics but the blued steel is freaking awesome looking in person and I love hit it feels in my hand. Incredibly solid pistol. Picked it up as more of a collectors item, but cant wait to try it out. It's been shot and is lubed up so it's decently taken care of at least.
p9c-2.jpg
p9c-1.jpg

p9c-3.jpg

I went to the range today to try out the Prodigy with the new Dawson Magwell and that went great. Loved it.

I browsed the display cases after I was done and in the 'Pre-Owned' section, I see this. A Springfield Armory P9C. I have no clue what year it is, store didn't know either, but the Serial # is NM06XXXP - I'll call Springfield and ask.

I have -never- seen one before, nor heard anything about them but just looking at it, It was a beauty. I did a quick Google on it and read what I could and found out it was made as a CZ75 clone and Tangfolio had something to do with it.

It's in excellent condition, the wood on the handles is flawless and looks like it's brand new. Minor wear and a handful or tiny scratches. Comes with two 13rd mags. Previous owner put whiteout (lol) on the front site but that'll come off easily. Obviously couldn't test it but everything worked and the trigger felt amazing.

Price tag was $299, so I bought it. Can't pick it up yet as it's got to go through the 30 day vetting process (They just got it in yesterday) so I'll be picking it up in early March once cleared.

Honestly it's hard to find much information on this but I feel like I have a great find here for a really good price. Anyone know anything about these? People seem to like them and they're pretty rare from what I can see.

Couple not so great pics but the blued steel is freaking awesome looking in person and I love hit it feels in my hand. Incredibly solid pistol. Picked it up as more of a collectors item, but cant wait to try it out. It's been shot and is lubed up so it's decently taken care of at least.
View attachment 36146View attachment 36145
View attachment 36147
Very nice, I haven’t seen one of those in years, great find.

Like most Tanfoglio-made guns, only the oldest Tanfoglios can rightly be called clones. Everything else are more correctly called CZ-pattern guns, based on the CZ design. About the only things that easily interchanged with CZs are magazines and recoil springs; there were subtle differences everywhere else.

View attachment 36146View attachment 36145
View attachment 36147
Also, there is nothing wrong with an impulse buy, unless the wife finds out…..😬

Is buying a new gun still 30 days??
If so That’s outrageous!!!

Sounds like being used the sheriff wants to make sure it’s not stolen or maybe used in a crime.
Yea, that's exactly what I was told.

The GS bought it off someone and there's a 30 day wait period where the Sherriff checks it out to make sure it's clean before they can legally sell it to someone else.

I have no reason to believe it's not clean, but peace of mind is not a bad thing at all.

Nice looking arm…I sold a Tanfoglio Hunter in 45 ACP a year ago, class act firearms that are very well respected on the European Continent and in prevalent use on the competition circuit. Better write yourself a note so you don’t forget to pick it up next month. Enjoy!

Nice pickup.

Bragah, what state is this 30 day wait?

MikeP, where are you located?

Just need to know places to avoid if I ever decide to move.

Nice pickup.

Bragah, what state is this 30 day wait?

MikeP, where are you located?

Just need to know places to avoid if I ever decide to move.
Florida.

First time buying a used firearm. If it was sitting in the display case for over 30 days before I bought it, I could have walked home with it that day. (I have a license, 3 day wait with no license) But I just bought it the day after the guy sold it to the GS.

Not worried about it honestly.

Did not realize this about Florida. It isn't a horrible used gun law though since I've seen the number of Pawn Shops selling guns in FL, at least in the Daytona area. I just don't think it shouldn't take 30 days.

30 days have come and gone. 1989 Springfield P9C 9mm. 3.5" Barrel.

Picked it up today and gave it a cleaning and a good lubing, though it was barely dirty.
Barely any wear and tear on it and only very minor, small scratches here and there. Wood grip panels look brand new.

The Blued Steel is awesome looking in person.
Mags are 13rd double stacked.

Here are some proper pictures. Really solid feeling pistol. VERY well made. Can't wait to see how it performs at the range, hopefully this weekend. Actually an ounce or two heavier than the 5" prodigy so it should shoot really flat.
20230303_183859.jpg

20230303_183952.jpg
20230303_184135.jpg

20230303_184223.jpg

20230303_184240.jpg
20230303_184333.jpg

20230303_184230.jpg
20230303_184356.jpg

Back