testtest

Learning the “Red Dot”

Seems like the writer had his weapon milled specifically low to make the red dot more easily visible. That has to be expensive. Not going to mill any of my pistols. Especially not for a red dot. Would be nice if the gun was pre cut for a red dot, throw a decent optic on it and boom! You have a very accurate pistol. Didn't see that in this article.

I have red dots on a couple of hunting revolvers...but they are considerably bigger than the MRDS's.

I recently picked up a Sig 229RX, and I’m getting myself acquainted.

Pros, after the first few times: once dialed in, it’s easy to be dang accurate. 10 yards, 15 rounds, golf-ball sized hole.

Cons: for me, right now...it’s slow to acquire. The “red dot fairy” doesn’t always appear when I bring it up, I have to find it.

Overall, I like it...I think once I get used to it, I’ll be looking at adding something MRDS equipped to the defensive battery.
2BC467FF-8A5E-42A7-96E1-0360CE35897B.jpeg

Seems like the writer had his weapon milled specifically low to make the red dot more easily visible. That has to be expensive. Not going to mill any of my pistols. Especially not for a red dot. Would be nice if the gun was pre cut for a red dot, throw a decent optic on it and boom! You have a very accurate pistol. Didn't see that in this article.
Several companies, Glock, Sig, like the one in @HansGruber post, Walther (Q5) come with removable rear plate and adapters to accept most rmr/rds (Trijicon,Leupold,Vortex). The other option, as you have stated is to have your pistol milled to accept one.

Come on “old school” just get with the times. You’ll like it. J/K. There is some out there that are more cumbersome than others and I have a few pistols that I wouldn’t want a rds on.
Walked into that one didn't I? No problem on a rifle. Handguns I am always looking for the 3 dots. I was thinking of getting one for my P320. Looking at the pro cut slides for like $400 that they are always out of, too expensive. then the red dot, I could easily have another firearm. I suppose I would get use to it if I practiced enough, but just can't justify it at the moment.

Walked into that one didn't I? No problem on a rifle. Handguns I am always looking for the 3 dots. I was thinking of getting one for my P320. Looking at the pro cut slides for like $400 that they are always out of, too expensive. then the red dot, I could easily have another firearm. I suppose I would get use to it if I practiced enough, but just can't justify it at the moment.
I’d like to get the Sig RomeoPro for my 320X5. I’m 100% with you on the price aspect of it. If you have a friend that has one, shoot his and see what you think, you truly may not like it and then you may just absolutely have to have it on your pistol. I also like it on my rifle, I have one on one of mine for “CQB”. My father in law didn’t think he would like it, he is “old school” and can shoot. Top Shot at his department twice, yadda, yadda, and when he shot mine he really liked it because it helped him. His age and his eyes is where it shined the most.

It wasn't milled, it a gen4 w/MOS!

Back