testtest

Looking at a Sig Cross…any experience?

So, it’s I was talking to my local guy yesterday…he’s got a couple of the Sig Cross bolt rifles on his shelf, and I have to say, I like what I’m seeing. I like the folding stock, I like how lightweight it is…really impressed. Really considering the .308.

I’ve got a Savage BA Stealth in 6.5CM; I like the rifle, but I’m just not in love with the caliber. I’m consolidating my long guns, and really wish it was .308. He’s offering me just under what I’m in it if I trade it on the Cross.

Now, I realize this would be an easy change to rebarrel the Savage, and I could put a folding extension on the stock to scratch that itch. I’d probably have slightly less in the Savage than the Sig.

But…new gun syndrome, y’know?

So—I know the Cross had a recall last year (the one on the shelf is post-recall); any other bad juju on them? Anyone have one, or had any experience with one?

So, it’s I was talking to my local guy yesterday…he’s got a couple of the Sig Cross bolt rifles on his shelf, and I have to say, I like what I’m seeing. I like the folding stock, I like how lightweight it is…really impressed. Really considering the .308.

I’ve got a Savage BA Stealth in 6.5CM; I like the rifle, but I’m just not in love with the caliber. I’m consolidating my long guns, and really wish it was .308. He’s offering me just under what I’m in it if I trade it on the Cross.

Now, I realize this would be an easy change to rebarrel the Savage, and I could put a folding extension on the stock to scratch that itch. I’d probably have slightly less in the Savage than the Sig.

But…new gun syndrome, y’know?

So—I know the Cross had a recall last year (the one on the shelf is post-recall); any other bad juju on them? Anyone have one, or had any experience with one?

No experience so I can’t speak to that but that is a nice looking rifle, I have to agree with Talyn that a 16 inch barrel is a little short for a .308 but SIG must have done there homework.
Not to go off track but if I was to go after a bolt action gun I would look at a synthetic pistol grip stock with a receiver chambered in .300 Win Mag.

I have not seen one in the wild. They were recalled about a year ago for a safety issue with delayed triggers, and I have not heard more but I am presuming they have fixed the problem by now.

I have not seen one in the wild. They were recalled about a year ago for a safety issue with delayed triggers, and I have not heard more but I am presuming they have fixed the problem by now.
My dealer had 2; one in 6.5CM, one in .308.

I really like how it felt. Yeah, the barrel is a little short for .308 (I’d be happier with a 18”), but, dang! it is one compact unit with the stock folded; it would easily fit in a backpack.

I’m thinking that a 1-8 ACSS scope on it, and it’s a kick-butt woods rifle for up-north white tails, or a nice stealthy urban precision piece.

May just take the Sig BDX 2.5-8x32 off the PSA AR10 and slap it on this.

The more I think about it (and research the Cross), the more I think I’m gonna do this…

My dealer had 2; one in 6.5CM, one in .308.

I really like how it felt. Yeah, the barrel is a little short for .308 (I’d be happier with a 18”), but, dang! it is one compact unit with the stock folded; it would easily fit in a backpack.

I’m thinking that a 1-8 ACSS scope on it, and it’s a kick-butt woods rifle for up-north white tails, or a nice stealthy urban precision piece.

May just take the Sig BDX 2.5-8x32 off the PSA AR10 and slap it on this.

The more I think about it (and research the Cross), the more I think I’m gonna do this…
“…The more I think about it (and research the Cross), the more I think I’m gonna do this…”

Resistance is futile.
And here’s the clincher: What if someone else buys that selfsame rifle and then goes on a rampage? Do you want that on your conscience the rest of your life??

I've seen one on the shelf at my local Bass Pro for about 6-8 months now. I wonder why. I know of about 4 people who own one and absolutely love it. Personally I think it's cool as hell and would get one if I were in the market for a .308 at this time. I agree that 16" is a bit shorter than I'd like for a .308 - but it seems to be more common these days.

I say go for it man. It's one cool looking rifle and you can't go wrong with a SIG.

A few of the LGS in my area have had them in stock for a couple months now and I do know someone that just picked one up though he hasn't taken it to the range yet. I've handled one myself and I have to admit I do really like the feel and the compact size. The rifle is only 22in folded which can be easily stored or put into a hiking backpack.

I personally don't mind a 16in barrel as velocity is a small sacrifice to make for the compactness of the platform.

I actually like 6.5 Creedmoor but I would pass on it for this rifle as it is more negatively affected by a shorter barrel than the .308 is.

I'd say go for it!

A few of the LGS in my area have had them in stock for a couple months now and I do know someone that just picked one up though he hasn't taken it to the range yet. I've handled one myself and I have to admit I do really like the feel and the compact size. The rifle is only 22in folded which can be easily stored or put into a hiking backpack.

I personally don't mind a 16in barrel as velocity is a small sacrifice to make for the compactness of the platform.

I actually like 6.5 Creedmoor but I would pass on it for this rifle as it is more negatively affected by a shorter barrel than the .308 is.

I'd say go for it!

- Ditto (y)(y) About a 20' barrel world be nice though.

7C45BC6B-5543-44BF-BD7E-7789D04E3B47.jpeg

Done deal.

Hah, am thinking things or at least one thing in particular is likely to get much warmer with use? :ROFLMAO:
Ok, this is funny…

A while back, my buddy & I both bought a Yugo M48 Mauser, and then bought a crate (880rds) of surplus (corrosive!) ammo.

So, in January, we went to our range, and ended up hiking about half a mile because the road was closed; we proceeded to 1: build a fire with deadfalll that was plentiful (BIG FIRE) and 2: burn through most of the crate. The ammo was on strippers, so it was “BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM”-reload-repeat.

The barrels…smoked. And felt REALLY good to out frigid hands.

We still refer to our “Yugo Hand Warmers”.

Ok, this is funny…

A while back, my buddy & I both bought a Yugo M48 Mauser, and then bought a crate (880rds) of surplus (corrosive!) ammo.

So, in January, we went to our range, and ended up hiking about half a mile because the road was closed; we proceeded to 1: build a fire with deadfalll that was plentiful (BIG FIRE) and 2: burn through most of the crate. The ammo was on strippers, so it was “BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM”-reload-repeat.

The barrels…smoked. And felt REALLY good to out frigid hands.

We still refer to our “Yugo Hand Warmers”.
Lol that sounds exactly like something me & my cousin would’ve done yrs ago ! Except it probably would’ve included a bottle of funny liquid for after the shooting:)
You prob won’t recall, But I pm’d you several months ago with questions about Wilsons. At long last my CQB is arriving. According to Fedex, I my jealousy over your Sig Cross should be somewhat mollified tomorrow afternoon !

Lol that sounds exactly like something me & my cousin would’ve done yrs ago ! Except it probably would’ve included a bottle of funny liquid for after the shooting:)
You prob won’t recall, But I pm’d you several months ago with questions about Wilsons. At long last my CQB is arriving. According to Fedex, I my jealousy over your Sig Cross should be somewhat mollified tomorrow afternoon !
I do remember, and that’s so sweet you’re getting a CQB!

Looking forward to hearing more about it!

No experience so I can’t speak to that but that is a nice looking rifle, I have to agree with Talyn that a 16 inch barrel is a little short for a .308 but SIG must have done there homework.
Not to go off track but if I was to go after a bolt action gun I would look at a synthetic pistol grip stock with a receiver chambered in .300 Win Mag.
Throw a can on it. That should help, I am sure that was part of the design philosophy. The overall length with a can would be easier to conceal or carry for extended periods.

Back