testtest

Love my new M1A!

DakotaIrish

Operator
Just purchased an M1A standard and am loving it! Something about holding that gun generates a response unlike any other gun I have owned. The combination of wood and steel is just a whole different deal. Any tips on what runs best through it for hunting deer? I am using Sig match grade 168 grain at the range.

Also, what are you doing for optics? Trying to decide if I want to go that route.

Just purchased an M1A standard and am loving it! Something about holding that gun generates a response unlike any other gun I have owned. The combination of wood and steel is just a whole different deal. Any tips on what runs best through it for hunting deer? I am using Sig match grade 168 grain at the range.

Also, what are you doing for optics? Trying to decide if I want to go that route.
Congrats on the new rifle.

Any good 160+ grain should suffice. Buy a box of 2-3 different brands of good quality .308 deer rounds and see what gives you the best grouping.

As for optics, depends on how far your ahooting on avg for deer. Thick woods ? Open prarie? Mix ?
I use a 1x6 on mine to great effect
B266F986-7FC8-4492-A08A-B88BC65105B8.jpeg

Gee KillerFord1977, you mean that Springfield includes a manual with each rifle they sell that outline how to properly use and maintain your M1A and keep it in tiptop condition? How novel. I guess trashing your firearm and then reading the instructions can lead to costly repairs. I'm sure the warranty folks pull their hair out on a daily basis. :rolleyes:

I would love to have a very basic M1A. The "US Rifle, M14, 7.62MM, gas-operated, magazine-fed, semi- or fully-automatic shoulder fired weapon" was undoubtedly the greatest rifle I ever fired. Between wearing tri-focals and having torn my right rotator cuff (twice), firing any long gun is now a no-go. :confused:

Back