testtest

Lyman’s Great Plains Signature Series Now From Pedersoli

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
The new Lyman Great Plains Signature Series gives shooters a heftier rifle and is more historically authentic even though it does not copy a particular original plains rifle.

Previously the Great Plains Rifles were made by Investarms in Italy and now these rifles are being made by Pedersoli. The differences are enough to consider the Pedersoli-made guns completely new rifles.

1720796805352.png

1720796824800.png

The new Lyman Great Plains Signature Series gives shooters a heftier rifle and is more historically authentic even though it does not copy a particular original plains rifle.

Previously the Great Plains Rifles were made by Investarms in Italy and now these rifles are being made by Pedersoli. The differences are enough to consider the Pedersoli-made guns completely new rifles.

View attachment 62046

View attachment 62047
Not into black powder rifles, but I like this one!

I have a .54 cal. Pedersoli Missouri River Hawken that's too nice to shoot,...

1720798706637.png

and a older .54 cal. CVA Mountain Rifle from the early 80's that I built from a kit, and have used for hunting. Had to do some barrel restoration work on it after it was exposed to some Eastern humidity. It will likely still shoot but I may get one of the new Lyman Pedersoli GPR "Hunter" in .50 cal. for more confidence.

In my state one has to use "traditional" style muzzleloaders vs. the modern ones.

Last edited:
I have an Italian made Lyman from the mid 80s in 50 cal. It is a pleasure to shoot. When I got it only side locks were allowed for black powder season and inlines were not the thing. I still prefer a primitive style side lock when hunting during the early season.

That's a nice looking rifle. I have a T/C Hawken that I made from a kit back in the '70's. I have bagged many a deer with it and it is still one of my favorite deer hunting rifles.

Back