testtest

M1 Garand Ammo...What Should You Shoot in Your M1

A long point of debate.

But keep in mind the Garand was built to operate within a specific pressure curve. The Op Rod is the weak link in the system and can be bent due to excessive force.

In one Garand I built for hunting purposes I installed an adjustable gas plug so I could tune that rifle to hotter hunting ammo/handloads.

I'm actually a bit frustrated that a lot of generic 30-06 ammo is loaded down to Garand levels to make the lawyers happy.

My .02

A long point of debate.

But keep in mind the Garand was built to operate within a specific pressure curve. The Op Rod is the weak link in the system and can be bent due to excessive force.

In one Garand I built for hunting purposes I installed an adjustable gas plug so I could tune that rifle to hotter hunting ammo/handloads.

I'm actually a bit frustrated that a lot of generic 30-06 ammo is loaded down to Garand levels to make the lawyers happy.

My .02
Yeah, I bought ammo that even listed something like "30-06 ammunition for the M1 Garand". I bought a reproduction from Army blue prints of the M14 from James River Armory with a Bula Defense Forged receiver. The manual writes that it's strongly recommended to use certain types of 7.62x51 ammo and not .308

Back