testtest

M1a

Got a M1A not sure what tho can send pictures if needed but the guy at the gun store said it was a true M1A but it looked like it was threw together the tigger an bolt side is made by H.R forgot what he said can someone help out please

Attachments

• 20240722_190843.jpg
    20240722_190843.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 71
Got a M1A not sure what tho can send pictures if needed but the guy at the gun store said it was a true M1A but it looked like it was threw together the tigger an bolt side is made by H.R forgot what he said can someone help out please
The (CMP) Civilian Marksmanship Program sells surplus M1-
Good info here:

You might take a look at the CMP M1A/M14 forums.
There is a serial number list.

More info on the M14 forum-

Full reference forum on M14 Forums-

Throw together or all original, that is one beat up old gun.
No way I’d pay good money if it was all one manufacturer .. if its a deal/steal, go for it.
If not, there are a ton of good quality M1a’s out there

Th a name is self but on the back of the gun it does say 105XXXX but besides that it is a put together gun with HS trigger and barrel rod slide I don’t know

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    928.6 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
IIRC the early Springfield Armory M1As were built with surplus G.I. parts on SA's own receiver. Could be you have one of those. Give SA a call and have them check the serial number. ;)
Let us know what you find out.

I’m sorry to ask this, but I’m not military. My dad was. I do appreciate your guises service if you want or if your gunsmith, you know a lot more than I do, but what is S.A

The guy James at range USA in O'Fallon called them right n front a me they said it left the factory August 97 as a M1 Grand with a 22in barrel 308 but as u can see that's not it an it's not a sccom or a scout, James said it looks like the guy got all the parts from Springfield but put the rifle back together himself. Just learned where my brother found the rifle was in a safe on a clean out job in overland I think he said, but said the guy only had one rifle whoever did live there had like 15 mags an a bunch of books on putting guns together, so like one of the ppl said on here probably all GI parts an put together

Back