testtest

Mcarbo Trigger Question

bllefkay

Elite
I ordered a trigger yesterday for Hellcat, didn’t need internals since I’ve got a PRP kit installed. I bought the Mcarbo with hopes of trigger reach being shorter. Looks like Apex shortens reach from pictures I’ve seen but you can’t just buy a trigger separately. Appreciate any info, thanks!

Last edited:
IMG_3020.jpeg
IMG_3021.jpeg
IMG_3022.jpeg
IMG_3023.jpeg
IMG_3024.jpeg
IMG_3035.jpeg

Lines above are reference to position of stock trigger installed. One pic shows Mcarbo installed with no pre travel screw and the other with screw installed and adjusted. I left screw out because trigger reach was shortened with installation.

So yesterday after I installed new trigger, I was excited to shoot new setup so I grabbed 100 rounds and headed to range before my daily golf.

Got to range, waited 10 minutes before I could setup 2 targets on outdoor pallet. The intent was to shoot the first 50 one handed alternating between left and right. Anyway, I got 8 shots in and pallet fell over. I laughed and starting shooting at an empty pallet erected beside mine. It fell over after 10 rounds, lol, so I shot at scrap wood pieces near berm until range was clear to recover my targets.

So yesterday after I installed new trigger, I was excited to shoot new setup so I grabbed 100 rounds and headed to range before my daily golf.

Got to range, waited 10 minutes before I could setup 2 targets on outdoor pallet. The intent was to shoot the first 50 one handed alternating between left and right. Anyway, I got 8 shots in and pallet fell over. I laughed and starting shooting at an empty pallet erected beside mine. It fell over after 10 rounds, lol, so I shot at scrap wood pieces near berm until range was clear to recover my targets.
i have the Hellcat as well, and i had a smith get the Mcarbo trigger and striker springs and sear springs kit.

i paid him to do it all. that kit also included a steel retainer cup? rather than the plastic one, that keeps the striker spring captured.

i paid (i am trying to recall) about $200 for everything.

i am very pleased with the kit.

I had the Mcarbo titanium striker but it wasn’t compatible with my PRP kit so I got rid of it. Too bad because Mcarbo striker is an definite upgrade over stock.

Back