testtest

Mil Spec meaning.....

Never heard the term until I left the military, but I believe it is referencing military specification.

Last edited:
A chick that Im in a group with wrote this article, and it has some really good information pertaining to the too often misused term.

“Public service announcement: "Milspec" is a misunderstood term (by consumers) that's often touted (dishonestly) by most of the budget AR market. Many garbage products are marketted as such based simply on appearance, and customers often wind up with a bad taste left in their mouth about "milspec" quality, assuming the likes of Anderson is fair representation of it. That couldn't be farther from the truth. Here's the facts put in plain English by Stephanie Martz, a MN National Guard armorer and a recent addition to our group.

MiLsPeC is NOT milspec. Don't get screwed by dishonest marketing.”

The above is the headline from the group administrator. It was interesting to see the vast majority of the groups 30k members not say a word. Lol.
Theres s lot of misinformation out there from gun shops, to forums pertaining to this term.

No doubt you can build or buy better than “Mil-Spec”. Not to misguide that the military doesn’t use some awesome firearms. Especially the SF groups but comparing the M16 to building an AR I will spec out my own.

The customer (e.g., Army) identifies their requirements during the federal acquisition process, and describes in detail what those are. Industry submits bids on those contracts. The winner is not always the best out there, because sometimes it comes down to cost.

Back