testtest

Muzzle Velosity with Compensator

Okay I'm tired. Went to get the grandson at hockey camp and watch the last hour or so of play. 2 hrs each way. Me not being the brightest light bulb on the Christmas tree didn't have enough smarts to think ahead that a building FILLED WITH ICE would be cold. Don't wear sandals, shorts and a polo shirt DUMB @$$.
I read the title three time and thought it said, Muzzle Loader with Compensatorso_O What to hell are you people talking about?:rolleyes: OH. "Muzzle Velosity with Compensator" :coffee:

depopro

Not enough to matter in the real world, JMHO, yet after the above, take that with as many grains of salt that you dare.

Right.

So, a comp attaches to the end of the barrel. All it does is redirect the exact same gas that would be exiting the barrel anyway.

No loss of velocity.
yes good point. But the 1911 DS comp, which I think is the one the OP referred too. Is more of a port (big hole cut in the barrel) and cut in the slide, like the hellcat pro comp. So not a comp that attaches to the end of the barrel.

would this alter your answer Hans?

yes good point. But the 1911 DS comp, which I think is the one the OP referred too. Is more of a port (big hole cut in the barrel) and cut in the slide, like the hellcat pro comp. So not a comp that attaches to the end of the barrel.

*curmudgeonly grumbling*

I dislike that gun companies are deciding they can just use terms interchangeably…that’s a ported gun, not comped.

In which case…yes, it will likely reduce it to whatever the velocity would be out of a barrel the same length as where the PORTING begins.

If the barrel is ported (depending on where, how much and size of porting) it will/can lose velocity unlike comps! Regardless of comp design it's not any different the non-comp. Comped barrel isn't such a thing, only a misguided manufacturer and marketing. An apple is still an apple regardless of someone calling it an orange.

Sig has a comped slide that is past the end of the barrel

If the barrel is ported (depending on where, how much and size of porting) it will/can lose velocity unlike comps! Regardless of comp design it's not any different the non-comp. Comped barrel isn't such a thing, only a misguided manufacturer and marketing. An apple is still an apple regardless of someone calling it an orange.
i take part of that back about "no such thing as a comped barrel" as vang comp does sg's and there is rifles w/ported barrels that are a pepper pot/radial looking, but usually have no rifling in that section. if no rifling it makes it a comp, if it has rifling it's ported.

I looked up the website to see what this was .

It's Ported ( with a huge freaking port ) , not compensated.

With a port that big , the effective Bbl length ends at the start of the crater, not at the Crown .

So expect velocities equivalent to those from a bbl half inch shorter than advertised length .

With a port that big , the effective Bbl length ends at the start of the crater, not at the Crown .

So expect velocities equivalent to those from a bbl half inch shorter than advertised length .
not totally, but will lessen the velocity a little due to not dumping all the gas like a end of a barrel would. i own plenty of ported barrels (most are longer than factory barrels and are longer than the slide) and a few are factory ported (s/w m/p). velocity difference in short barrels, especially in pistol cartridges will give between 5-10 fps less. on this particular gun the slide is where you see the large hole as the port in/on the barrel isn't as big
20240815_202320.jpg

This was st posted in Cliff's thread, but was wrong thread.
Screenshot_20240816_033112_Samsung Internet.jpg

Back