testtest

New Hampshire residents take on Massachusetts gun laws

PAGunGuy

Master Class
I did a quick search and didn't see anything about this.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/boston/news/new-hampshire-massachusetts-gun-laws-court/

BOSTON - Does the Second Amendment protect New Hampshire residents from prosecution if they temporarily carry their guns across the border into Massachusetts? The Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court on Monday heard arguments on the disagreement between the two New England states.

New Hampshire men Dean Donnell Jr. and Phillip Marquis were both charged in separate instances of unlawful possession of a gun while in Massachusetts.

Their lawyers argue that since they got their guns legally in New Hampshire, it's unconstitutional for Massachusetts to charge them with felonies under its strict firearm laws.

"Massachusetts can't be less protective than the Second Amendment," Marquis' attorney Hayne Barnwell told the court Monday.

Could be a huge case. If this goes to the Supreme Court, this could give us nationally recognized carry, like driver's licenses or marriage.

Honestly, this should have happened immediately when they ruled on Obergefell v. Hodges making same sex marriage legal in all 50 states. I mean, carry in all 50 states should have been legal way before that, but, still, once the gay marriage decision was made, it should have automatically been applied to conceal carry permits. But now the Court can finally say that carry permits (or lawful ownership) in one state must be recognized by every toher state.

I did a quick search and didn't see anything about this.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/boston/news/new-hampshire-massachusetts-gun-laws-court/

Could be a huge case. If this goes to the Supreme Court, this could give us nationally recognized carry, like driver's licenses or marriage.

Honestly, this should have happened immediately when they ruled on Obergefell v. Hodges making same sex marriage legal in all 50 states. I mean, carry in all 50 states should have been legal way before that, but, still, once the gay marriage decision was made, it should have automatically been applied to conceal carry permits. But now the Court can finally say that carry permits (or lawful ownership) in one state must be recognized by every toher state.
well i have a ccw in RI...as a result many times if i see a sale item at a MA store..??

i do not go into MA.

oh, i can unload my gun, unload the magazine, lock everything i up in the trunk, and go into MA..

but why should i have to go thru all that BS..??

my state at every election, when "reciprocity" comes up..??

it gets struck down.

this ought the be federal, no if's and's or but's..........

Back