testtest

New Mags for the XDM-Elite

New to gun ownership and have taken the NRA course for conceal carry. have tried the new 9mm and cannot get past loading 12 or 13 rounds into the mag's. is this just do to the mags being new or is there something wrong? I do have an ETS mag speedloader that is also new. and I have followed their directions for oiling the unit. I just cannot get past the 12 - 13 round load for now. when I say new just in the last few week.

New to gun ownership and have taken the NRA course for conceal carry. have tried the new 9mm and cannot get past loading 12 or 13 rounds into the mag's. is this just do to the mags being new or is there something wrong? I do have an ETS mag speedloader that is also new. and I have followed their directions for oiling the unit. I just cannot get past the 12 - 13 round load for now. when I say new just in the last few week.
Mags can be very stiff at first and the ETS loader, while good, takes a while to get just the right angles down to make it work correctly. I’d suggest an Uplula speed loader. Ive had the ETS for a while now and I still prefer the Uplula. The springs on the mag will soften with use but not with just being loaded. So there’s a perfect excuse to shoot often!

As stated it is normal with new mags, they are just stiff. I’d keep them loaded for a few days and it should be a lot easier. The UpLula loader is nice to help out.

There's a point in some magazines where when so many rounds are loaded in the spring compresses to a point it seems to be a dead end but its just a hurdle to get past a compression point.

The Maglula is a better loader that helps one to get the rounds in better over that point IMO.

I load new mags up to full -1 capacity and let them sit a bit so the mags can settle in.

I've got an ETS and an Uplula mag loader.

The ETS is a cool concept but it doesn't work at all for me.

The Uplula is a quality product that works as designed and it's small size can be tossed into a range bag without taking up much room.

But for me personally I don't use either one I prefer to load the old fashioned way one round at a time pushing down each round with my thumb.

Back