testtest

New Ronin EMP 3 rear sight is blackout not white dot

Yeah, I've always wondered why. Trying to aim, maybe under stress and the primary tool for aiming is playing hide and seek with every dark thing in sight. Why do you like them?
If you are target focused ( and I believe you should be ) with blacked out rear sights the front sight is the only thing in your peripheral. It's just less busy. I don't really have a problem with 3 dot sights, but I like it better with blacked out rears. I didn't think I would until a gun I bought had them.

It won't hurt to try it out brother. Put a few boxes through it that way, you may like it.

It won't hurt to try it out brother. Put a few boxes through it that way, you may like it.
I shot it for the first time yesterday. Is the idea that instead of cueing off the white dots for adjusting aim, you are looking at how much of the front sight is not a circle (eg it's covered by one of the 3 edges of the rear sight)? But if the front sight is a full circle, you are either on target or going to hit high? With dots, you know at a glance which it is. Without dots you have to move the rear sight around to see if it occludes the front sight and then guess where the center of the rear sight is? That about right?
emp 3 sighting.jpg

I shot it for the first time yesterday. Is the idea that instead of cueing off the white dots for adjusting aim, you are looking at how much of the front sight is not a circle (eg it's covered by one of the 3 edges of the rear sight)? But if the front sight is a full circle, you are either on target or going to hit high? With dots, you know at a glance which it is. Without dots you have to move the rear sight around to see if it occludes the front sight and then guess where the center of the rear sight is? That about right?View attachment 62115

I think the idea is that if your grip is correct and your draw is consistent you aren't paying any attention to the position of the front sight in relation to the rear sight at all.

The thing that drove this home for me was when I started putting red dots on mine. When you dryfire repeatedly, practicing your grip, draw and trigger press the dot in the optic is pretty much taking the place of the front sight. You start to understand that whatever that dot is on is where the hole appears.

With the white dots I found I was spending too much time and trying too hard to get them all lined up. I am 72 and my eyes do not focus on multiple things as well as in my youth. After blackening my rear sight I just focused on the front sight and it centered naturally. I shot better because of it.

I shot it for the first time yesterday. Is the idea that instead of cueing off the white dots for adjusting aim, you are looking at how much of the front sight is not a circle (eg it's covered by one of the 3 edges of the rear sight)? But if the front sight is a full circle, you are either on target or going to hit high? With dots, you know at a glance which it is. Without dots you have to move the rear sight around to see if it occludes the front sight and then guess where the center of the rear sight is? That about right?View attachment 62115
i have guns with 3 dots, or 2 white dots and a fiber optic front, and blacked out rear with fiber optic or a white dot.

as long as i get the front sight lined up, i'm good to go, and i too ain't no youngn'

train with that gun, and finger placement on the trigger.

Back