testtest

New sharpener

Sld1959

Hellcat
My wife was watching QVC, a bad channel for her to watch when she is feeling blue being sick all the time, but there she was, so she bought this little ball shaped manual knife sharpener called Chefologist. I guess she figured that since I am a knife nut and make thrm she could "buy it for you" thus skirting the no more buy stuff without discussing thing. There ya go...

Well since it's here I have played around with it. First it has a ring around the center which tightened down a suction cup, this works well and I even put it on the chair side table with marble top and used it sitting in my chair one handed.

There are 4 "stations" the first two have, from my research, diamond rods with two different grits, will call them coarse and medium, at undetermined angles. The third are ceramic stropping rods. The fourth is a scissors station.

After using it for a week I have found it to work rather well. Puts a decent edge on several knives I tried. Not the best I have ever seen, but definitely serviceable in a short time of actual work. The scissors station works well from what I have seen on several dull dull scissors.

Overall, I am fairly impressed with what I thought was going to be a gimmick. It certainly would seem be a good option for someone that just plain has trouble sharpening a knife.

As far as longevity of the product, well time will tell. I think she paid like 17 bucks for it so it's definitely on the cheaper side to try. It was one of her better buys on QVC. Other places have them cheaper I would bet. I even figure that when the rods get clogged it should be easy to clean them with say a pipe cleaner.

20240907_110730.jpg
20240907_110619.jpg

Back