testtest

Ok, here’s another thing to consider...

I toy with that idea myself when it comes to my preferred pistols. I contemplate buying a few extra parts for each of them mostly the wearable parts such as firing pin and mag release internal parts.

Last edited:
Aside from the wear springs, I haven't been able to really stock spare parts for any of my XDms - instead I've just kept their factory components as spares.

This, actually, was one of the reasons I became disillusioned with the XDm line/Springfield Armory, and almost bailed completely on them in 2016.

As most of you on this Forum know by now, I have two high-round-count XDms (one at ~55,000 rounds live-fire, another at ~25,000), and another that's also getting up there (~13,000). Even though they (including the Springer Precision replacement components they're fitted with) have been extremely durable and reliable, mileage and time both are undeniable physical facts, and the lack of ability to truly service these weapons - even today, after having reconciled my concerns about longevity - continues to bother me. And truthfully, I'm not alone in this: look through the XDTalk Forums, and you'll see others lamenting this lack of support from SA, too.

Take Glock, for instance - the amount of consumer-level knowledge and know-how is exemplary:

Why is it that when I search for the same for the XD-series handguns, I get pretty much nothing, in-comparison? :(

I know that folks at SA monitor these forums - I'd like to implore them on behalf of every other true-user of their weapons for duty, defense, or competition:
(1) Please make OE replacement parts more available?
(2) And also, maybe some official guidance as to the service intervals?

----

For the AR, I stock a complete set of replacement/service components, and perform preventative maintenance, and to address breakage.

The following threads provide a good idea of what's "typical," mirroring my own experience in an open-enrollment, non-manufacturer-official armorer class:

Last edited:
Brownells
Gunparts.com / numrich
Xdparts
Xdman
Pistolgear

just off the top of my head

^ Ah, thank you. :) I didn't know about Numrich - looks like that'll be a go-to.

Are you able to order parts from SA, @xdman ? - i.e. can we source small parts through you?

Brownells and Midway USA both had a *very* limited selection of parts, the last time I checked. PRP, Springer Precision (all of my XDms carry a significant number of Springer Precision parts) and Pistolgear were more aftermarket oriented....

In my previous thread I was asking about how much ammo would you buy, referring to the other thread here if you could only own one gun. Now, with the gun you selected, would you keep spare parts available in case something broke on the said gun? I always try to keep spare parts around for insurance, I’m not a professional gunsmith or anything, but I know my way around gun repairs that I am able to do myself.
Yes. A spare frame, trigger, slide assembly, and magazine.

I do. I bought all the parts I could for my Colt 7.62 from brownells before it was discontinued. Especially the bcg and barrel. I try to have enough parts to rebuild them a few times if need be. Especially if its a gun I plan to keep. If I dont plan to keep it then I wont invest money in it for parts.
Ive learned to work on all of my guns. I just got sick of halfassed smith work being done and charging a premium. I dont like dealing with factory warranties, as theres been times Ive gotten weapons back and nothing was even done to them. Not even disassembly. Midwest gunworks and Brownells are my go to for most parts. Sometimes you have to dig a little more for others.

Back