testtest

One of My Firearms Support Gear!

SMSgtRod

Professional
Founding Member
A highly predominant issue I have as a hand cannon shooter is loose screws. I know a lot of people have told me I must have a screw loose loving to shoot them. Haha!
Now that we are past that, I did have loose screws and always carried tools to tighten them up at the range. Well it gets old especially if you don't check often enough and a pistol part gets flung over your shoulder or worse, out beyond your target.
I came across an answer that is so simple I should have thought of it myself. It's called Loctite Blue. I use it on any screw that has been a problem child and any I suspect will try to become one.
It works GREAT!!
CAUTION: Don't use Loctite Red! It is PERMANENT as in never ever comes apart.... you know WELDED!! Not for guns!
Loctite Blue..... Good Stuff! One time it's ok to be up tight! :ROFLMAO:

Right there with you. I have always used that (blue) on the front site screw of my Glock. Also on some scopes to keep the screws from backing out. It works great.

You can get Red off, it just requires a lot of heat. My Beowulf 50 Tank Brake is installed with red. I bought a heat gun to take off my Kriss Vector .45 carbine round barrel shroud to replace it with a rectangular one (took a while but eventual loosen up enough to remove). I've used blue after my first rifle shooting when the Bi-pod fell off. Someone suggested Blue loctite and I've used it ever since on scope mounts other rail attachments etc. I may try the purple for my higher recoil firearms if red doesn't stand up over time

A highly predominant issue I have as a hand cannon shooter is loose screws. I know a lot of people have told me I must have a screw loose loving to shoot them. Haha!
Now that we are past that, I did have loose screws and always carried tools to tighten them up at the range. Well it gets old especially if you don't check often enough and a pistol part gets flung over your shoulder or worse, out beyond your target.
I came across an answer that is so simple I should have thought of it myself. It's called Loctite Blue. I use it on any screw that has been a problem child and any I suspect will try to become one.
It works GREAT!!
CAUTION: Don't use Loctite Red! It is PERMANENT as in never ever comes apart.... you know WELDED!! Not for guns!
Loctite Blue..... Good Stuff! One time it's ok to be up tight! :ROFLMAO:
The problem screw.... Is it one that requires to be torqued to a specific foot pound?
If it is, I would torque it and Loctite it.

Have used red on vehicles.... I won't use it on a gun as it has to be heated very warm and I have concerns on the affect to the metal...
One problem screw is the ejector shroud cover on my Super Blackhawk. Have never found torque values but tightened to the near breaking point it will still come loose...but not with the blue on it. Front sight on a Glock
always. Have 3 and they all have blue on them.
I've found nail polish not to be too reliable. Not made for cannons!
Thank guys.... I hope we have solved some issues for other shooters.

Son took off a scope mount from a TC Contender a few years ago. Locktite red had been used. He is not a little guy and was able to get it off but the dang thing sparked as it let loose. We make sure only Locktite blue is used on our firearms since.

Back