testtest

Picking Up my New EDC Tomorrow!!!!

TNSteelersFan

Operator
Well, tomorrow's the day!!! I managed to get a Shadow Systems MR920P from Battlehawk Armory for a STEAL!!! With $30 transfer & $10 background check, I'll have walked away with it for $954! Pretty much everywhere else I've seen them, they're between $1070-$1100. But once again, BHA comes through!

I got the black barreled version (I think it just looks "cleaner," if you will), & already have a Streamlight TLR-1HL & a full-size EPS w/6 MOA green dot (formerly on my PDP, replaced with a Swampfox Justice 2, more suitable for a range gun). I've also stockpiled the 250 rounds of Federal American Eagle 124 grain ammo I'm going to use for breaking it in. All I need to do now is order the EPS spacer kit for the direct-to-slide optic mount & an Overwatch Precision minus connector, which I plan to install after break-in, as well as getting all the internals polished. After that, I plan to get either an Alien Gear Rapid Force level 3 holster or a Tier 1 Concealed Centurion (level 2). Further down the road, I'll finish off the trigger mod with a Ranger Proof Vex shoe. I've wanted this gun for a LONG time. I started off wanting an MR920L, but when the Ps came out, & I realized I could get the length of an MR920L, but with an Radian-style comp on the end, I KNEW that was the way to go.

I'm pretty stoked. Why I DIDN’T listen to my gut in the 1st place back in April & go with the MR-P THEN, instead of the PDP Pro, I'll never know. While I HAVE become quite proficient with the PDP, I chalk that up to the 200 rounds a week I put through it & my refusal to let the gun beat me. I learned A LOT about proper grip with that snappy bugger, even AFTER I comped it. And I might very well put it BACK into my carry rotation again when PMM releases theirJTTC Micro for it & I can reduce the length back down to 4.5 inches instead of 5+. At THAT point, when the old comp comes off, I'm also planning on adding a ZR Tactical captured 15# RSA, THEN installing the JTTC.

I plan on posting pics of my new sidearm once the optic & light have been mounted.

Good luck with your new gun. Isn’t the MRP lighter than the PDP? I’m curious to see if you find the MRP less snappy. I had a DR920 Elite for a couple of years and I didn’t care for the trigger. I think you will find it worlds away from the Walther trigger. I predict you’ll beposting about a Johnny Glock or Timney Trigger in the not too distant future.

Good luck with your new gun. Isn’t the MRP lighter than the PDP? I’m curious to see if you find the MRP less snappy. I had a DR920 Elite for a couple of years and I didn’t care for the trigger. I think you will find it worlds away from the Walther trigger. I predict you’ll beposting about a Johnny Glock or Timney Trigger in the not too distant future.
The MR-P is lighter, & comes compensated with a Radian-style comp. The Walther PDP is VERY over-sprung, with an extremely heavy (relatively speaking) slide. Most of the ppl I know with PDPs either comp them &/or swap out the OEM spring & guide rod for either DPM Systems captured, ZR Tactical captured 15# RSA, or Springco 15# RSA. Lastly, I've seen a few ppl chunk port them.

I put the PMM comp on mine (the 2nd comp I had to get for it) & its tamed it down a good bit. But I STILL should've added either the DPM Systems captured recoil reducing spring assembly or the ZR Tactical captured 15# RSA. Even WITH the comp, it's still finicky, control-wise. I THOUGHT I had good grip fundamentals before I bought this gun, but tbh, I can control my wife's P365 BASE MODEL better than I can a stock PDP. 1 of my bosses at work is new to handguns & wanted to get 1. I told him if he was a pistol FNG, the PDP WAS NOT the gun for him & not to make the same mistake I did in thinking, "how bad can it REALLY be?" I told him to go rent the 1 @ our local range. A week later he told me, "I'm glad I rented that thing. There's NO WAY that would've been fun to learn, nor cheap to tame." I just knowingly smiled.

As for a trigger mod on the MR-920P, I'm putting in an Overwatch Precision minus connector & having all the internals polished, then eventually adding a Ranger Proof Vex shoe. Literally 8 ppl on the SS Reddit sub have/are running this exact mod & have said it's GREAT. SS has also improved their stock triggers in the P models overall. I know it'll NEVER compare to the trigger in the PDP Pro, but I'm gonna give the OP connector/polish/Vex shoe setup a shot for a while. With the $1600 I've sunk into the PDP between 2 comps, 2 different holsters, 2 optics (took the EPS off for the MR-P & got a Swampfox Justice 2 because the PDP's becoming a range gun) & other assorted kaka, & now with the probably $1100 I'm gonna end up putting into the MR-P ($950 with transfer & background check, then trigger mod @ $90 & another $145 on a holster), a Johnny Glock trigger is WAAAY down the road. Not to mention, when PMM comes out with the JTTC Micro for the PDP, I see myself getting THAT before dropping $300 on a Johnny Glock trigger.

So many guns & so much gun-related stuff, so little money, & wife's patience, to buy it all! 😁

The gpt changes it to single action trigger same as a p320, mp, and pdp so I’m not sure what else your referring to.
What I’m referring to is that even among single action triggers - which vary massively from one brand to another - the Walther triggers are acknowledged to be on another level. Not saying that Overwatch Precision doesn’t make good triggers, I have one in my Q5 SF, but let’s just say it’s a big reach.

Back