testtest

Put a dot on my Hellcat Pro

PAGunGuy

Master Class
So, after Father's Day, I had $250 to spend in Sportsman's Warehouse gift cards, and I had some cash to go with it.

Went up Wednesday morning to do some shopping.

Immediately went to the used gun cabinet but that was a bust.

Looked around at some sale items, but nothing caught my eye.

Almost order the Rock Island/Armscorp M206, the 2 inch 38 Spec revolver.
But I have had my eye on a red dot for a while and had done some research.

I have never used a dot on a pistol; I do have one on my AR

So, I bit the bullet and went with the Vortex CCW defender, 6 MOA. It was $250 and they mounted and bore sighted it for me for free (I don't have a torque screwdriver).

https://vortexoptics.com/defender-ccw+reticle-6~MOA~Defender~Dot

Lifetime warranty, auto on/shake awake, auto off, don't need to remove to change battery, other good features.

Came home, grab my gear and ammo and went to the range.

Took a bit to get it sighted it. I think I was turning the height adjuster the wrong way. Ended up putting 100 rounds through it.
Pretty happy with it so far.

PPuK74Y.jpeg

It co-witnesses pretty well with my factory sight. Pic doesn't do it justice but it really does, I promise. It was really hard to get a picture where you could see the sights and the dot, let alone get they to line up

mO4wqkX.jpeg

The first few low shots were me working sighting it in a little more

gND2B8Z.jpeg

So, after Father's Day, I had $250 to spend in Sportsman's Warehouse gift cards, and I had some cash to go with it.

So, I bit the bullet and went with the Vortex CCW defender, 6 MOA. It was $250 and they mounted and bore sighted it for me for free (I don't have a torque screwdriver).

Lifetime warranty, auto on/shake awake, auto off, don't need to remove to change battery, other good features.

Took a bit to get it sighted it. I think I was turning the height adjuster the wrong way. Ended up putting 100 rounds through it.

PPuK74Y.jpeg

It co-witnesses pretty well with my factory sight. Pic doesn't do it justice but it really does, I promise. It was really hard to get a picture where you could see the sights and the dot, let alone get they to line up

mO4wqkX.jpeg

gND2B8Z.jpeg

Vortex makes good stuff and their customer service is above reproach. I was looking at this specific optic. My only hesitation, if you would call it that, is that it's so thick at the base. As long as it lines up with your sights though your golden. I'm quite sure you're going to love it. It was a game changer for me.

Hi,

PPuK74Y.jpeg

mO4wqkX.jpeg

gND2B8Z.jpeg

Very cool! Nice work on the target.

I just may have to get a Vortex one of these days if these old eyes get any worse. :geek:

I'm glad you had a good late Father's Day.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Vortex makes good stuff and their customer service is above reproach. I was looking at this specific optic. My only hesitation, if you would call it that, is that it's so thick at the base. As long as it lines up with your sights though your golden. I'm quite sure you're going to love it. It was a game changer for me.
Yeah, I am not found of the lines of how it meets up to the slide. But I am a function over form guy and with all the positives, I can deal with the way it looks

the hellcat is my EDC. i added a red dot on one of my hellcats, it takes a little getting used to after using iron sights for all the years, but i think its super, am thinking about adding one to a couple of my other carry weapons

Hi,

Very cool! Nice work on the target.

I just may have to get a Vortex one of these days if these old eyes get any worse. :geek:

I'm glad you had a good late Father's Day.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
BassCliff you shoot very good with irons. With a dot I think you could put all rounds in the X ring on B-8 targets. (at least 10 ring)

Back