testtest

Question about Springfield saint 9.6 barrel

NewSSo

Alpha
I purchased a Springfield saint 9.6 barrel AR 15 pistol a few months ago. I like it a lot. But the last time I shot it at the range it jammed up several times. I was using Winchester 556 ammo. I clean it after every time I go to range. The one thing I did before I went to the range this time is I put a tiny piece of rubber where front pin hinge is to tighten upper to lower rattle. Could this have contributed to the issue? It has jammed in the past but not as many as this time. If this is not an issue, what are things I can do to stop the jammin? I used different magazines as well and it still jammed up.

Thanks in advance

All Saint AR Rifles and Pistols are designed with a set screw “Accu Tight” system at the rear of the action that you access by removing the pistol grip. Adjusting this set screw will tighten the rattle between the upper and lower, all the information is in your owner’s manual. Remove the rubber in the front take down pin area adjust with the set screw and see how it shoots.
Remember if you over tighten the set screw it will be very difficult or impossible to reset the rear take down pin.

That you for the replies. I was reading on the Springfield website about that adjustment and I thought it pertained the Edge series. I will check that out. As far as ammo goes, It has Jammed up with Winchester 556 and Aguila 556. Ill try some others, if I can find any.

Back