testtest

Range time Got wet again

Belt Fed

Ronin
Just from sweat this time, really bad humid and barely beat the storms back to the house.

First up was the FN with silencer, now this is my first time with a silencer. i made double sure everything was together right. i was not impressed. still had to wear hearing protection. it's not that quiet and i was shooting 147 grain ball ammo. was below speed of sound. I shot the steel spinner a few rounds but didn't get a pic.

Next was the SBR, even louder on it. also i had this dot dead on and it was way off. after a while i finally got it back on. tried with no hearing protection and nope, too loud a pop. now it wasn't quite as loud without it but not by much. truth is this thing will go in a drawer to never see the light of day again most likely.

Just can't see using it when everything is a whole lot more gunked up and takes twice as long to clean up and still have to wear electronic muffs. I should have read the reviews on this thing before i bought it. big complaints are it's too loud and accuracy sucks and blowby hits you in the face and yep all of those happened to me. no way id shoot that thing without eye protection. Anyway ya live and learn. Pistol was at ten yards and SBR at 25

20240617_084921.jpg

20240617_092602.jpg

Now this gun was a whole different story, this dude is a tack driver. i put it on a rest at 40 yards and the one hole is 9 rounds of 44 mag. sights were dead on, the rest of the targets is me free handing it at 40. about half and half of 44 mag and 44 special. 44 special felt like a 22 in it. lol Gun was a joy to shoot. my arms did get tired holding it up on the last there. i'm old what can i say.

20240617_094823.jpg

20240617_100626.jpg

Just from sweat this time, really bad humid and barely beat the storms back to the house.

First up was the FN with silencer, now this is my first time with a silencer. i made double sure everything was together right. i was not impressed. still had to wear hearing protection. it's not that quiet and i was shooting 147 grain ball ammo. was below speed of sound. I shot the steel spinner a few rounds but didn't get a pic.

Next was the SBR, even louder on it. also i had this dot dead on and it was way off. after a while i finally got it back on. tried with no hearing protection and nope, too loud a pop. now it wasn't quite as loud without it but not by much. truth is this thing will go in a drawer to never see the light of day again most likely.

Just can't see using it when everything is a whole lot more gunked up and takes twice as long to clean up and still have to wear electronic muffs. I should have read the reviews on this thing before i bought it. big complaints are it's too loud and accuracy sucks and blowby hits you in the face and yep all of those happened to me. no way id shoot that thing without eye protection. Anyway ya live and learn. Pistol was at ten yards and SBR at 25

20240617_084921.jpg

20240617_092602.jpg
Point of impact will differ with a suppressor and have to adjust for that.

Also, dedicated subsonic 9mm rounds will quiet it out some

20240617_084921.jpg

20240617_092602.jpg
What brand suppressor? I forgot which one you got

I use a Rugged Obsidian 9 on my scorpion and it's pretty damn quite. Movie quiet no but it doesn't hurt my ears either. It does make the 147gr ammo I use sound way quieter. I cannot confirm hearing safe because I don't have a decible meter but it feels OK to me. It's quiet enough to hear the bolt operating and the ring of the steel target is louder than the shot.

I use a Rugged Obsidian 9 on my scorpion and it's pretty damn quite. Movie quiet no but it doesn't hurt my ears either.
That's what i thought i was getting at first. but this is all they had and the obsidians were none to be found. i still may get the obsidian 45 when they get back in stock. i got a question, are the slots on the baffles supposed to line up? i did line them up.

Hey @Belt Fed,

Thanks for sharing your fun and providing all the feed back. That looks like a good day at the range, even if it was louder than expected. Wow, you'd think a silencer that big would do the job. But what do I know? I've not yet used a suppressor, old noob that I am.

A lever gun is high on my list, probably just below my first AR-15 purchase. They just look like enjoyment personified. Which one do you have? I've been sort of window shopping this G-Force Huckleberry .357 magnum.

1718938080326.png

The Marlins are just so spendy. Maybe I should just be patient and save up my gig money. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Back