testtest

Replacing Parts

I would definitely replace the recoil spring. I don’t know if you shoot any “hot” 9mm ammo bit if so, change out the recoil spring. If you dry fire a lot, Powder River Customs offers beefed up striker retainer pins that you could swap out. It’s not going to hurt anything. Wouldn’t hurt to get a new striker spring. That part is sometimes overlooked. I wouldn’t think at 15,000 rounds it would need replaced but if your going to do maintenance on it, why not?

I would definitely replace the recoil spring. I don’t know if you shoot any “hot” 9mm ammo bit if so, change out the recoil spring. If you dry fire a lot, Powder River Customs offers beefed up striker retainer pins that you could swap out. It’s not going to hurt anything. Wouldn’t hurt to get a new striker spring. That part is sometimes overlooked. I wouldn’t think at 15,000 rounds it would need replaced but if your going to do maintenance on it, why not?

The majority of the ammo fired from it is standard 115/124 range ammo. About once a year or sometimes twice a year I shoot out my +P that I keep in it. Not super hot ammo.

I got in contact with Springfield and they actually said replacing the magazine springs along with the recoil spring wouldn’t be a bad idea either for anyone else that comes across this thread that has similar questions.

The majority of the ammo fired from it is standard 115/124 range ammo. About once a year or sometimes twice a year I shoot out my +P that I keep in it. Not super hot ammo.

I got in contact with Springfield and they actually said replacing the magazine springs along with the recoil spring wouldn’t be a bad idea either for anyone else that comes across this thread that has similar questions.
Never thought of those springs, good info there. Thanks

Back