testtest

Retail therapy (WARNING: Explicit Wilson Combat content!)

Got off work at 7:00 this morning, then drove over an hour to an endodontist appointment to find out I DON’T need a third root canal on the same tooth…

I just need to get it pulled. Which is gonna cause a whole lot of other issues (there’s a bridge involved), but…that’s what insurance is for.

But I digress.

So. On my way home, stopped at a local store; looked at a SP5k, and then a nice HK 630 (.223 roller-locked sporter; very nice, polygonal rifling, flowing robes, striking…). Then saw they had an Sig P229 SAO Legion OR in the case; been looking for one, and I liked the price.

Then saw, sitting on the counter, the gray WC case. Really nice SFX9. Asked the guy if he just bought it…

No he sold it.

Asked, if he wanted to—what did get for it? About 50% going rate, says he. It’s LNIB—he never shot it.

Oh, says I. That’s interesting.

So, he departs, check in hand. I ask to look at it. Ask what they’re going to put on it. Discussion ensues; seems the owner didn’t like writing that check; thought it would be a dust collector.

I said I might be interested.

Oh, you are? Says the salesman. What would it take to get you to buy it right now?

I offer a couple hundred over what I know they just paid.

Cash, says they?

Cash, says I. You’ll have to give me a couple minutes to hit the printer, though.

Deal.

My X9 now has a little brother.
IMG_4223.jpeg

Ultra sweet, it found a good home.

I know your journey, just had to have a tooth pulled from a bridge and got a removable two tooth partial put in.
Yeah…I was thinking about the implant route, but…my bridge is over one of my baby teeth that didn’t come out until I was in my 40’s (fun note: the Tooth Fairy does NOT pay out for late teeth; I tried)…and my permanent tooth is deep in my jaw, tangled up in a nerve that, if damaged, will end my ability to suspend disbelief during bad movies.

So, implants are out. Probably end up with a partial as well.

Back