testtest

Review: Ruger Precision Rifle

Article review is 5 years old, and Ruger has added (and subtracted) models. The 243 is no longer available (probably replaced by the 6mm Creedmoor model). Ruger also added models 6.5 PRC, 300 PRC, and Magnum models: 300 Win Mag and 338 Lapua Mag. They also offer several Rimfire models in 22lr, 17 HMR, and 22 WMR. I remember them also offering the Precision Rifle chambered in 223/5.56, but can't find it on their website. The 243 Win was offered in their first generation run (wish I bought one then), but by the second generation models, it was gone.
I have several RPR's, chambered in 308, 6CM, 6.5 CM and 338 Lapua. I'd like to eventually get the 300 Win Mag and look into the PRC caliber models as well.
Thanks for posting the article Anni, brings back memories of shopping for the RPR's, which was fun.

Didn’t know it was an old review, it was dated 8/2/20......maybe I should start wearing my gwasses...........
Yeah, I started reading it and was confused when the reviewer mentioned the 243 caliber. Looked at the article date and saw the 8/2/2020, but right underneath, American Rifleman had the disclaimer that the review was done August 2015. You need to adjust those 👓, and slow down 🐢 that speed 🏃‍♂️ reading 📖🖥🤓 of yours. 😂

From Article:

This article, "The Ruger Precision Rifle," appeared originally in the August 2015 issue of American Rifleman. To subscribe to the magazine, visit the NRA membership page here and select American Rifleman as your member magazine.

Yeah, I started reading it and was confused when the reviewer mentioned the 243 caliber. Looked at the article date and saw the 8/2/2020, but right underneath, American Rifleman had the disclaimer that the review was done August 2015. You need to adjust those 👓, and slow down 🐢 that speed 🏃‍♂️ reading 📖🖥🤓 of yours. 😂

From Article:

This article, "The Ruger Precision Rifle," appeared originally in the August 2015 issue of American Rifleman. To subscribe to the magazine, visit the NRA membership page here and select American Rifleman as your member magazine.
1596395177763.gif

A buddy of mine just got the gen 3 RPR in .308. It's a really nice rifle with really good features like the standard folding stock adapter. I just picked up the savage stealth in 6.5 creedmoor as a binge purchase and I'm hopefully bringing it to the range tomorrow to test it out. A couple things I'll be getting for it soon will be a folding adapter and a new scope.

Last edited:
Back