testtest

Rifleman Q&A: What is a Magazine Disconnect?

I need help. I own the VICTOR 9" PISTOL BLACK 300BO unsuppressed. My first time shooting I used LAX Ammunition Factory New 300 Blackout 220 GR. HPBT Subsonic and it jammed. What grain should I purchase to shoot up to using a can? Thanks.

I need help. I own the VICTOR 9" PISTOL BLACK 300BO unsuppressed. My first time shooting I used LAX Ammunition Factory New 300 Blackout 220 GR. HPBT Subsonic and it jammed. What grain should I purchase to shoot up to using a can? Thanks.
Subsonic can have real troubles cycling in most .300blk firearms without a can and this isn't a problem with the firearm.

A heavier bullet weight will help with back pressure to cycle the gun but I haven't seen much myself over 240gr in .300blk available in my area this past year.

If it's an option a suppressor would be the way to go for full reliability or shoot supersonic ammo.

I've run only a few rounds of subsonic without the suppressor in one of my Aero Precision builds and it functioned fine but I shoot a majority subsonic suppressed.

I know a couple cops who say that a mag safety saved their life, so...there’s considerably more to it than that.

That being said...one of the first things I replace in a Browning Hi Power is the mag disconnect.

I could see that, I’m not aware if S&W has it or not. I know the departments around me are Glock and it does not have it. It’s my understanding that it was more on the side to appease the lawyers than the safety aspect. If I were to get in a fight and my mag dropped I’d like to be able to fire my last round. You usually have to option to remove or replace it anyways.

I could see that, I’m not aware if S&W has it or not. I know the departments around me are Glock and it does not have it. It’s my understanding that it was more on the side to appease the lawyers than the safety aspect. If I were to get in a fight and my mag dropped I’d like to be able to fire my last round. You usually have to option to remove or replace it anyways.
It’s an option on the M&P’s.

And the tactic on a mag safety is if you end up fighting for your weapon, you drop the mag, then drop the weapon—and while your assailant is trying to figure out why it no go bang, you transition to a backup pistol/baton/whatever.

It’s an option on the M&P’s.

And the tactic on a mag safety is if you end up fighting for your weapon, you drop the mag, then drop the weapon—and while your assailant is trying to figure out why it no go bang, you transition to a backup pistol/baton/whatever.

Oh yeah, I understand and I could appreciate it in that situation. I’d hate it if it were me and my mag dropped and I needed to use it. I usually carry one pistol, and I own one (Ruger) that has it. That is another reason to have a spare mag, for me to throw another one in and try and get back in it.

Back