testtest

Ruger 1911 light

what do you think?
i had a Ruger SR-1911, but i sold it..

it shot great, and i really liked it, but it had to go.
the 1 thing i am not a fan of, is the integral plunger tube...should that ever get damaged, the gun might have to get sent back to Ruger, for some type of repair, like maybe holes drilled and a replacement plunger tube installed, or a new frame.

could be costly if you have to pay for it.

i have a Ruger GP 100 2.5" revolver, (.38/.357) super good gun.

My wife shoots the stainless 5 inch and I bought a lightweight 5 inch for me. Under $600 online most places. I talked to the guy who did the shooting testing on the lightweight models and he gave it a glowing report. He would shoot for hours while others loaded mags for him. If I remember right, he said he had to dunk it in water every now and then.
You can't go wrong with the reliability. They shoot ball, hollow points and SWC without issue with the brands I've tried.

Personally: I’ve never handled a Ruger 1911 that impressed me.

From gritty/mushy triggers, to slides that felt like they had sand poured in the rails, to safeties that kinda…mooshed into place, instead of a clean “click”…not worth the price they’re asking.

Rather get a RIA.

i had a Ruger SR-1911, but i sold it..

it shot great, and i really liked it, but it had to go.
the 1 thing i am not a fan of, is the integral plunger tube...should that ever get damaged, the gun might have to get sent back to Ruger, for some type of repair, like maybe holes drilled and a replacement plunger tube installed, or a new frame.

could be costly if you have to pay for it.

i have a Ruger GP 100 2.5" revolver, (.38/.357) super good gun.
I've never paid for a Ruger repair and they have the best warranty of any of them. You worried about a what if problem, but if it would happen, it would have been fixed for free. You don't have to the be original purchaser. Some brands have limited warranties of less than 5 years and others only cover the original purchaser.

I've never paid for a Ruger repair and they have the best warranty of any of them. You worried about a what if problem, but if it would happen, it would have been fixed for free. You don't have to the be original purchaser. Some brands have limited warranties of less than 5 years and others only cover the original purchaser.
i sold it for personal reason(s), not cuz i worried about any warranty repair.

and can anyone fully guarantee that what once was...still is these days..???

meaning lifetime warranty..??

9mm

20240201_120733.jpg

Back