testtest

Ruger Mark IV Target .22 lr

S

Simon

I'm considering buying one of these. I've watched and read many reviews and heard good and bad things about them.
Just wondering if anyone who has one can offer some experienced comments about it.
Any particular brand cycle better than others etc..
Thanks

I'm considering buying one of these. I've watched and read many reviews and heard good and bad things about them.
Just wondering if anyone who has one can offer some experienced comments about it.
Any particular brand cycle better than others etc..
Thanks
Awesome pistol that's super reliable and easy to disassemble for cleaning.

Another .22lr target pistol to consider is the S&W SW22 Victory.

Tandemkross & Volquartsen make some nice upgrade parts for both the Ruger and S&W.

Tandemkross...Tandemkross...Spamdemfloss. Dang nappit!!! You got me...😜👍
60EA77BA-455A-4821-A7F7-BA91EBA416DB.gif

I have the Mark IV Target and Mark IV Competition. I like them both but had some FTFs while shooting Aguila and Federal recently. Not sure if it was both brands of ammo or just one as I was shooting both Rugers & my S&W Victory and had mags loaded with a combination of both ammo brands. I’m sure it wasn’t related to any of the three firearms as I shot close to 500 rounds with maybe 25-30 (maybe even less than this), failure to fires.

Awesome pistol that's super reliable and easy to disassemble for cleaning.

Another .22lr target pistol to consider is the S&W SW22 Victory.

Tandemkross & Volquartsen make some nice upgrade parts for both the Ruger and S&W.
Don't have a Ruger, but agreed with the S&W Victory and Tandemkross. I have bought a few things from them for the Victory. My Browning Buckmark is also incredibly accurate.

Don't have a Ruger, but agreed with the S&W Victory and Tandemkross. I have bought a few things from them for the Victory. My Browning Buckmark is also incredibly accurate.
I've been contemplating picking up a Buckmark at some point soon.

I've been training shooting 100yds at a roughly 12x24 steel silhouette target and getting an average of 6 to 7 hits out of 10 shots with my SW22 Victory. My Victory has a Tac-Sol Ridge Lite barrel with integrated rail which has a Vortex Venom mounted on it & a Dead Air Mask Suppressor.

I have a few different .22lr pistols and rifles that I enjoy shooting often.

Having owned both, I much prefer the Browning Buckmark to the Ruger MK series.

And if we’re looking at used .22’s…find a nice old High Standard.
My LGS currently has a used High Standard in stock.

I've been contemplating picking up a Buckmark at some point soon.

I've been training shooting 100yds at a roughly 12x24 steel silhouette target and getting an average of 6 to 7 hits out of 10 shots with my SW22 Victory. My Victory has a Tac-Sol Ridge Lite barrel with integrated rail which has a Vortex Venom mounted on it & a Dead Air Mask Suppressor.

I have a few different .22lr pistols and rifles that I enjoy shooting often.
My LGS currently has a used High Standard in stock.

B61B4C2B-AA59-41CA-8603-1DCD8446E3FC.gif

😬😬😬😬

Never actually had a MKIV, but way back in the 80's-90's my wife and I both shot many thousands of rounds with the MKII in Hunter Pistol Small-bore (rimfire) silhouette competition and never had a problem. I know you asked about the MKIV and typically I try to stay on point when someone asks about a product, but the MKIV and the earlier MKII are very close in design and production. I don't think you'd be sorry with the MKIV.

Yes, there are other good .22 target pistols out there, and some good personal recommendations made here, but you asked about the Ruger ..... hope this helps.

If only! Thanks for the suggestion. I'm located at gulf coast Florida. A new 41 at the big box gun shop is $1900. !!!
There are some fairly reasonable used ones currently listed on Guns International:

Back