testtest

Ruger’s Top 10

I had a Ruger 1911 and I must say it ranked with the Colt, Kimber, Springfield Armory 1911 that I have owned.

I’m gonna be the contrarian here...and up front, I’ve never owned a Ruger 1911.

But I’ve handled quite a few, and shot some that friends had...and I have yet to play with one that impressed me.

The most common issue I’ve found is a “soft” safety...instead of a positive “snap” as you engage or disengage, it just kinda...squishes...on & off. The other common issue is a really gritty, jerky trigger...you can feel hitches in the take up. A buddy’s pistol had that, and you could see there were obvious machine marks the trigger was dragging on.

After that...I’ve seen a lot of examples of poor barrel/slide figment...considering what Ruger is asking for these pistols, I’d sooner get a Kimber or Rock Island Armory if I was going to get a cast 1911.

I’m gonna be the contrarian here...and up front, I’ve never owned a Ruger 1911.

But I’ve handled quite a few, and shot some that friends had...and I have yet to play with one that impressed me.

The most common issue I’ve found is a “soft” safety...instead of a positive “snap” as you engage or disengage, it just kinda...squishes...on & off. The other common issue is a really gritty, jerky trigger...you can feel hitches in the take up. A buddy’s pistol had that, and you could see there were obvious machine marks the trigger was dragging on.

After that...I’ve seen a lot of examples of poor barrel/slide figment...considering what Ruger is asking for these pistols, I’d sooner get a Kimber or Rock Island Armory if I was going to get a cast 1911.
Ahhhhh....he said Kimber also.........

Ahhhhh....he said Kimber also.........
DA2B52D0-DDF1-4335-9018-DC8A615AAD12.jpeg

Ruger makes a good entry level 1911, to me. With some minor modifications I think it could be a decent 1911. SA, their TRP, MC Operator and even the Range Officer (line) is better than the Ruger. Kimber and the Swartz “safety” is a no go for me.

Back