testtest

SA-35 Issue

Purchase brand new and have about 400 rounds through it. No previous issues.

At the range today, had shot two previous magazines through the weapon. Got to the 3rd mag and down to the 13th round and it cycled normally after the 12th round. However when I squeezed the trigger, the hammer would not drop.

I dropped the magazine and attempted to extract the round, but the slide was locked. It would not move. I attempted several times to pull the trigger with the barrel facing in a safe direction and nothing.

After about 30 seconds, I pulled the trigger and the hammer dropped and the round fired. The spent cartridge extracted normally.

Is this considered a dead trigger? If so, what is the cause?

Possibly the slide was slightly out of battery. That would keep it from firing.
No idea why it was locked up. Maybe a piece of dirt, brass or whatever jammed it up and was the cause of the out of battery condition? Did you field strip and check it over real good? Did it continue to fire normally after that?

I wondered about being out of battery. After the 13th round, I did put the magazine back in and cycle the 14th round through it with no issues. However, I did not continue to fire it. I also have not field stripped it yet. I wanted to do some research before breaking it down and cleaning it.

Also look at what ammo you were running. No matter how great the gun and or ammo is there will be an occasional fluke occurrence.

Even supposedly better QC defensive ammo will have an out of spec round or bad round get through and unless you inspected each round with a gauge you won’t know.

If kept shooting it just to see if I could replicate it. That said just, Clean it keep shooting it and if that ammo does it change ammo. If it persists still send it to Springfield

My 9mm blue Garrison would not go back into battery on it's first trip to the range. A hard slap to the slide would get it to go into battery. I got less than 2 magazines of 230gr factory fmj through it. It had been thoroughly cleaned and lubed prior.

The factory suggested I return it for analysis but it would take "about two weeks". I was anxious so I took it to a very well known 1911 performance shop in northern AZ. There were burrs on the slide and frame, and the disconnect/sear needed to be dressed. It runs like great now. Same gun had the premature bluing deterioration. Man made things can fail.

My 9mm blue Garrison would not go back into battery on it's first trip to the range. A hard slap to the slide would get it to go into battery. I got less than 2 magazines of 230gr factory fmj through it. It had been thoroughly cleaned and lubed prior.

The factory suggested I return it for analysis but it would take "about two weeks". I was anxious so I took it to a very well known 1911 performance shop in northern AZ. There were burrs on the slide and frame, and the disconnect/sear needed to be dressed. It runs like great now. Same gun had the premature bluing deterioration. Man made things can fail.
I can see why the 230 gr round is a .45acp unless some new round is out I am unaware of 🤪

Back