testtest

Saint 300 Blackout

Has anyone had issues with their stock Saint 300 blackout concerning feeding or jamming?
I have a stock Saint with the only alteration of adding a Griffin Armament Reece 7 suppressor. The rifle gouges rounds when feeding into the chamber and eventually causes a jamb. I have had it jamb up to the point I was forced to break it down and force open the bolt carrier to remove the damaged live round.
A side note: if any of you are contemplating a suppressor you will soon find the gas back feeds into the magazine and corrodes the live rounds, which can cause feeding issues. I have been experimenting with different "store bought" ammo brands to find the ones with less powder burn or a cleaner powder burn to maybe help this issue. The feeding issues described above are not caused by the suppressor because it has happened without the suppressor mounted on the weapon.

Attachments

• 300blk - 1.jpg
    300blk - 1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 255
  • 300blk -2a.jpg
    300blk -2a.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 284
  • 300blk - 2b.jpg
    300blk - 2b.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 307
They also came out that dirty looking? There has been people stating issues with the 300 pistol, but I'm not sure where or who on this site? As for removing the jam, 1: remove the mag 2: put safety on 3: in a safe manner stand the firearm horizontal with the barrel pointing up 4: bounce it in a downward direction. This will use kinetic force with the weight of the bcg too extract the round. I have used this method and it could take a few bounces! Call SA customer service, they might be able too help also?

I’m not going to put a suppresser on my Saint Victor 300BO Pistol but out of the box I had the same issues shooting subsonic rounds.
Issues include failure to completely cycle or short cycle where it will eject and pull a round from the mag but not clean enough to go into full battery causing gouges in the brass and jams.
My solution; I shoot only super sonic, nothing heavier then a 150 grain round.
My pistol shoots lights out on supersonic loads.
Have you tried adjusting the gas block to help with your gas blow back into the magazine?

Not suggesting you don’t call Springfield Customer Service. They are your best resource.

I’m going to concur about adjusting the gas port to deal with the over gassing issue...

And I don’t think it’s “corroding” the rounds in the magazine...it’s just depositing powder residue on them.

I’m not going to put a suppresser on my Saint Victor 300BO Pistol but out of the box I had the same issues shooting subsonic rounds.
Issues include failure to completely cycle or short cycle where it will eject and pull a round from the mag but not clean enough to go into full battery causing gouges in the brass and jams.
My solution; I shoot only super sonic, nothing heavier then a 150 grain round.
My pistol shoots lights out on supersonic loads.
Have you tried adjusting the gas block to help with your gas blow back into the magazine?

Not suggesting you don’t call Springfield Customer Service. They are your best resource.
Yes, I have done the gas port adjustment, both with and without the suppressor. Without the suppressor this weapon does not operate properly with subsonic ammo and I have been advised by a contact with Springfield that this particular weapon (and possibly other 300 blk brands) do not operate well with subsonic ammo without a suppressor. Gouging rounds has taken place with all ammo, with and without the suppressor. This weapon does function better with supersonic ammo period. Depending on the suppressor, adjusting the gas port will cause issues with bolt function and proper functioning. There may be a need in adjusting the buffer spring; however, my pistol is on its was back to Springfield for technical review. I have located at least 5 other people who have experience the same issues with the exact same weapon. Not sure if it's a bad batch, or design flaw with Saint. Other than this issue, theses are nice weapons.

Yes, I have done the gas port adjustment, both with and without the suppressor. Without the suppressor this weapon does not operate properly with subsonic ammo and I have been advised by a contact with Springfield that this particular weapon (and possibly other 300 blk brands) do not operate well with subsonic ammo without a suppressor. Gouging rounds has taken place with all ammo, with and without the suppressor. This weapon does function better with supersonic ammo period. Depending on the suppressor, adjusting the gas port will cause issues with bolt function and proper functioning. There may be a need in adjusting the buffer spring; however, my pistol is on its was back to Springfield for technical review. I have located at least 5 other people who have experience the same issues with the exact same weapon. Not sure if it's a bad batch, or design flaw with Saint. Other than this issue, theses are nice weapons.
I will say nature of the beast.
As I mentioned I have no interest in putting a suppresser on my 300BO Victor Pistol and although I do have some subsonic ammo I’m going to use that as basically a single shot to zero in my optic until it’s gone and stick with supersonic after that. I do hope you get some idea of what’s going on after Springfield looks at your rifle and please post what they found out.

Back