testtest

Scary stuff

Whats worse, think of all those doctors and nurses who barely passed and are now caring for people.

We had one of those incompetent fools recently for my sons appendicitis . Turned into 3 days i the hospital .
Yup. I interact/teach a lot of pre-med college students. You’re gonna want to take good care of yourselves. If you don’t really need to go to the doctor you shouldn’t. We’re not turning out the best and brightest any more.

Glad you posted, always a reminder to not get lax in any way. So after reading the article, I saw another short one by Massad Ayoob, and it's along the same lines, except it wasn't bad ammo that messed up his firearm... it was worse than that:

Ayoob was kinder than I would have been with the friend's response.

Always a mystery and chance taking when buying and using used, open box, returned or old items. Someone can say didn’t like the item, no longer have any use for it and maybe it’s broke or misused (applies to relationships too). Can or should you take the word of someone that used stuff is good or good enough? These days, new stuff can have it challenges because of inept or carelessness of the individual producer or substandard suppliers.

-

In the case of doctors or other regulated licensed professionals…
There’s are no other standards, just pass/fail grades - and grades are being manipulated based on identity and social governance. So that doctor, lawyer or that school teacher need not be in the top percentile.…just licensed and certified.

Even as the country says there’s an “employee shortage emergency“ (post covid lockdown) and big push for foreign workers (accustomed to their ways) even the parachute factory will have to adjust their standards.

The agencies I worked for had strict policies prohibiting any mods other than changing grips or adding night sights. Even so our armorer at the PD discovered some home gunsmith stuff during maintenance inspections that would make you shake your head. Why people think they know better than the manufacturer confounds me. A gunsmith friend said his burden to carry in life is gun owners with dremel tools.

The agencies I worked for had strict policies prohibiting any mods other than changing grips or adding night sights. Even so our armorer at the PD discovered some home gunsmith stuff during maintenance inspections that would make you shake your head. Why people think they know better than the manufacturer confounds me. A gunsmith friend said his burden to carry in life is gun owners with dremel tools.
Mine said Loc-Tite and dremels.

I check used guns very carefully. I have been bit by Bubba a couple of times, but managed to fix it on my own. In fact, I've bought a couple of guns with known problems just cause I could get it cheap and knew I could fix it myself. ;)
I NEVER shoot unknown reloads.

Don't get me started on doctors. A dear friend of mine had a knee replaced by some hack when she lived in Baton Rouge. She kept telling him right from the start that something wasn't right and he kept blowing her off. A couple of years later after she moved back to Memphis, it got bad. She found a good doctor here and he couldn't believe the mess he found. All in all, it took 5 more surgeries including another new total knee to fix it. :poop:
BTW: that crap doctor left Baton Rouge and nobody knows where he went.

What do you call the student who graduated dead last in medical school?
Doctor. :mad:

Boarding a C-130 at Ft Bragg to make a jump, the pilot sai hello to my buddy. I asked how he new him and he said, in colledge together, he was always falling out of his bunk, and noe he's our pilot

i can add
i bought a nice new 308 from savage
bought brand new ammo
showed to my friend and he said he had a bunch of 308 from a friend and he didnt need it, as he no longer had a 308.

i said YUP ...308 was pricey and free trumped it, would be great for range practice
first 3 fired great, no stick.( it think i just plain got lucky)..4th round would not close battery, ejected it and manually dropped it into the breach and nope it was to long by just bit... a long bit

so i grabbed a few more from the box and about every other one was to long or TOOOO fat on the neck to fit as required. a few the bullet actually lifted out when i grabbed the round

when i got home , i got out the calipers and started doing some measurements of cases, and built up rounds, and weighed them. lets just say ..they all got the bullet yanked out, powder dumped into water and cases crushed as to never be able to make new
i dont know what this friend of friend called his loads, i had choice words . but they were far past what a normal person would reload. I dont think he trimmed the cases or properly resized any of them.
he did do a bang job of cleaning the cases, they looked brand new

i told my friend about it and he tossed all he had left from this guy in handgun, and other rifles
so in the end i got 6 free real nice dillion cases to hold my new ammo

My brother in law sold his python 357 he reloads gave me 10 cases I sat on it while then I donated them to the range I am glad I did that can’t trust it

Back