testtest

Shok Buffs......are they needed

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
I just want to get some opinions on Wilson Shok Buffs for 1911’s and are they needed with today’s metals. I know that some use these all the time, competitive shooters, guys who shoot high round counts. I know there supposed to help with peening where the slide hits the frame. I did use them on an old 1960’s era Colt Government Model that started to show this peening, the previous owner didn’t know he was supposed to change the recoil spring, when I got the gun, I replaced it, the older spring was about 5 coils shorter the the new one. So, I would like some opinions on using these, thanks in advance.

Its one of these things, maybe it helps when you have an older spring. But regular spring replacement will negative's the benefits of the shock buff. I personally off the top of my head can not think of a company that actually uses them from the factory. That should probably tell you something. Also I don't think the military ever used them in their well worn guns.

I like to say the gun wants to talk to you in a 1911 if you are getting peening because the slide is battering into the frame and destroying it.....that may be a clue.

Back