testtest

Shooting my Echelon and issue, video???

Hello,

Just picked up a Springfield Echelon not too long ago. Took it to the range today for its first shoot.

Without a suppressor on it shot beautifully without issue and dead-on target. using Magtech 9mm Luger FMJ 115 gr rounds.

I then put my suppressor on, and it shot the magtech's just fine again.

So, then I moved to stelTH subsonic ammo, 9mm 165gr. TMC and every round jammed.

So, I then put the same suppressor and same stelTH rounds through my Hellcat Pro without issue.

I'm more old school shooting so not too knowledgeable about red dot sights, or suppressors or all these modern gun things. lol. I know the round has to have enough back pressure to chamber the next round and extract the old. Shouldn't these subsonic rounds be able to do that? Why do they work in the Hellcat Pro but not the Echelon?

anyone want to edumacate me on this? Thanks. ;)

Hello,

Just picked up a Springfield Echelon not too long ago. Took it to the range today for its first shoot.

Without a suppressor on it shot beautifully without issue and dead-on target. using Magtech 9mm Luger FMJ 115 gr rounds.

So, then I moved to stelTH subsonic ammo, 9mm 165gr. TMC and every round jammed.

So, I then put the same suppressor and same stelTH rounds through my Hellcat Pro without issue.

I'm more old school shooting so not too knowledgeable about red dot sights, or suppressors or all these modern gun things. lol. I know the round has to have enough back pressure to chamber the next round and extract the old. Shouldn't these subsonic rounds be able to do that? Why do they work in the Hellcat Pro but not the Echelon?

some guns just will not shoot all types of ammo.

try some other brands, (maybe same grain) without the suppressor, then with it.....

Concur.

Some guns just don’t like some ammo. You found one fairly early on.

165 is a pretty unusual weight and a rather long bullet for 9mm. Really more to stay subsonic out of a 16” carbine, I’d bet.

Most standard velocity 147’s will be subsonic out of a pistol; I’d give those a try.

Hello,

The subsonic rounds on the other hand sometimes causes a little bit of problem here and there. Subsonic ammo often has low back pressure, which can lead to certain problems in certain guns if they’re not optimized for it.

Back