testtest

Shotgun myths.......

With the other posts on shotguns for home defense, thought some may find this interesting.

I agree with everything he said. I spend a good deal of time training with and shooting shotguns. I do prefer pumps for SD and HD, mainly because reloading sucks and I think there is merit in what he says about inexperienced shotgunners being better off with good SAs.

I bought this 500 new as a PGP for $200 probably 30 years ago. I recently put a telescoping PG/butt stock on it, a Magpul forend with VRG and a light. 8 round extended feed tube, 18.5" barrel, tens of thousands of rounds, never a hiccup.

1Txyqbw.jpg

This one is a new addition. I have a Romeo 5 which is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, but the flip ups were dead on straight out of the box. A little cleaning up ( honing the parkerized finish from the bore and a little filing on the feed tube lips) and this shotgun performs perfectly. BFG Vickers sling makes it very fast and easy to maneuver. Two 12 rd. tubes and one in the chamber makes 25 rounds of 00B available. 30.5" barrel, bullpup style. Overall length is about 39". I short stroked it a few times the first day I got it, but it has since ran about 400 flawlessly.

d5coVER.jpg

I bought this 500 new as a PGP for $200 probably 30 years ago. I recently put a telescoping PG/butt stock on it, a Magpul forend with VRG and a light. 8 round extended feed tube, 18.5" barrel, tens of thousands of rounds, never a hiccup.

1Txyqbw.jpg

This one is a new addition. I have a Romeo 5 which is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, but the flip ups were dead on straight out of the box. A little cleaning up ( honing the parkerized finish from the bore and a little filing on the feed tube lips) and this shotgun performs perfectly. BFG Vickers sling makes it very fast and easy to maneuver. Two 12 rd. tubes and one in the chamber makes 25 rounds of 00B available. 30.5" barrel, bullpup style. Overall length is about 39". I short stroked it a few times the first day I got it, but it has since ran about 400 flawlessly.

d5coVER.jpg
Very nice shotguns, like the last one, looks cool.

Very nice shotguns, like the last one, looks cool.

Thanks brother. I like it. I think my next one will be the AA12. I've so far resisted the many new bullpup type SAs because I'm not a fan of carrying a bunch of 5 rd. box mags or having a 15" long box mag hanging out of the bottom of the gun. The AA12 addresses this with 20 rd. straight loading ( not rockers, like an AK) drums. The ATF confiscated the few they sold years ago, but it seems they have overcome whatever BS the ATF was bitching about and they brought them out for the 2019 shot show. They were originally full auto military weapons.

I posted this on another thread, but I got my Romeo 5 today. All indications are this is going to be an excellent sight.

eX0xvbr.jpg

Back