testtest

Shoulder Holsters

USMC1911

Elite

I’ve owned a few over the years. Carried my backup in one while I was in uniform in the winter. Great if you sit down a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_1907.jpeg
    IMG_1907.jpeg
    443.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0020.jpeg
    IMG_0020.jpeg
    658.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 69940170627__F7706247-F78F-423D-B597-8EC878705253.jpeg
    69940170627__F7706247-F78F-423D-B597-8EC878705253.jpeg
    674.6 KB · Views: 91
I like chest holsters for hunting, but never really been a shoulder holster fan, except one...

View attachment 46925

Probably not the best design pointing up into your arm pit but... Steve was super cool and beyond all reason I keep thinking of getting one. Perhaps one day. Finding one might be a trick.
That's a rare screen appearance of a 2.5" Colt Diamondback.

I believe that's a Bianchi holster, but it might be a Safariland--been a while since I researched all this stuff. I'm pretty sure I have a holster of this type somewhere, but I don't think it's a "name brand." It's cool to own but I can't imagine ever using it. Assuming I can actually FIND the thing, are you interested in it? What gun do you want it for? IIRC, my rig is for a pretty small gun--it might only be for Smith J.

That's a rare screen appearance of a 2.5" Colt Diamondback.

I believe that's a Bianchi holster, but it might be a Safariland--been a while since I researched all this stuff. I'm pretty sure I have a holster of this type somewhere, but I don't think it's a "name brand." It's cool to own but I can't imagine ever using it. Assuming I can actually FIND the thing, are you interested in it? What gun do you want it for? IIRC, my rig is for a pretty small gun--it might only be for Smith J.
Its a Safariland i am pretty sure. I don't currently have something to stuff in it and probably would not wear it. I just think it's uber cool, and keep thinking of it. Not that old me could ever be in the cool league of Steve McQueen lol.

Its a Safariland i am pretty sure. I don't currently have something to stuff in it and probably would not wear it. I just think it's uber cool, and keep thinking of it. Not that old me could ever be in the cool league of Steve McQueen lol.
Okay, I won't tear the house up looking for it today, but next time I run across it, I'll post a pic and you can tell me then if you still have any interest. ;)

This was issued to me during the first gulf war.
No kidding, to use with the M9 pistol that had just replaced the 1911A1 in the inventory.
The leather was just pliable enough to just barely work.
After the war, we were told they were being replaced and we could just keep the holsters ourselves.
Mine sat in a box for decades until I got my own 1911A1.
I used some Leather Conditioner, Black Dye and Brass Black to restore it to better condition.
M7 Holster Before-After.jpg

This was issued to me during the first gulf war.
No kidding, to use with the M9 pistol that had just replaced the 1911A1 in the inventory.
The leather was just pliable enough to just barely work.
After the war, we were told they were being replaced and we could just keep the holsters ourselves.
Mine sat in a box for decades until I got my own 1911A1.
I used some Leather Conditioner, Black Dye and Brass Black to restore it to better condition.
View attachment 47408
You really did a great job. Looks like new.

I have one of those USGI shoulder holsters that's made for a revolver. Dunno it it's "real" or not; I'd never heard of them until I saw it at a local gun show. Dunno what it was supposedly built for, but I do know my Colt King Cobra fits in it--just barely. ;)

The US Military issue M7/M9 Shoulder Chest Holster I think was issued in WWII past Vietnam.
It looked similar to early military holsters but didn't have a flap cover, just a strap and straps for shoulder carrying. I see it referred to as the Tanker Holster, and of course you see it being worn by pilots.
I think when the Military adopted the M9 Pistol, they switched to a new holster designed for the M9 Berretta. The replacement was the ballistic nylon modern type holster.
At least that was my experience, my first training on the pistol was the 1911 in the 1980's, but the time I got to a Fleet Unit, the unit was equipped with new M9 pistols that I learned on.
Deploying to the 1st Gulf War I was issued the leather M7/M9 holster, told not to turn it in and just keep it, it was outdated, being replaced and would just be disposed of if turned in.

I think, over the years it only changed slightly by some of the simple pieces, like buckles and rings were made of plastic vice metal in the earlier versions. Some of the early ones I've seen were brown natural leather and later black leather.

The leather is just pliable enough it forms to what ever it is holding if it will fit. And the M9 was a tight fit, since it was wider than the 1911.

I suppose it could fit a revolver. Since earlier military holsters look very similar, its always possible you got an earlier holster that was for when the standard military sidearm was a revolver.

Yah, I have an M7 in plain leather. Pretty sure it's a repro; I've had it for years.

The other one is definitely made for a 4" revolver. It's black, looks to be of fairly high quality with good-grade hardware, and has the US stamp on the front. Backside is stamped HUNTER CORP 7142700. Dunno if it's "real" or some commercial "tribute" holster made in the manner of the M7 but for revolver. I'll try to take and post pics tomorrow, if you or anyone is interested. I know where it is--I have it on my lap even as we speak. ;)

ETA: I don't have to take or post pics--found several pics on the net of the thing by googling the stamping above. Here's one on eBay with several good pics:

Back