testtest

SIG SAUER P365 SAS-C Tumbling bullets?

Macy

Alpha
SIG SAUER P365 SAS-C I looked my target after shooting a gun range SIG P365 SAS-C and found a number of the resulting bullet holes were oblong instead of round. Is this a common occurrence with this pistol?
46C913E3-33B7-4D3C-AF64-1639C527613D.jpeg

You need to take the gun off of full-auto....🤪

In all seriousness though I agree with Hans that it maybe just the paper.

What distance are you shooting?

Is the target moving from wind or exhaust system in an indoor range?

Try shooting some dirty bird shoot'n see targets. These targets are like a thin plastic sheet and they won't tear.

Last edited:
As Hans mentioned, I would try cardboard. What type of rounds are you using? This looks like something that happened to a buddy of mine. Long story short, he was putting too much of a charge in his reloads. He had one gun that he could reproduce this every time. Backed off the charge and the holes became circles again.

Try shooting some dirty bird shoot'n see targets. These targets are like a thin plastic sheet and they won't tear.
I was shooting it in anticipation of buying one, but it got sold.

As Hans mentioned, I would try cardboard. What type of rounds are you using? This looks like something that happened to a buddy of mine. Long story short, he was putting too much of a charge in his reloads. He had one gun that he could reproduce this every time. Backed off the charge and the holes became circles again.
This was factory stuff from across the pond.

Like every one else-I am guessing thin paper and FMJ just tearing the paper.
The paper is thin.

The range blamed it on the ammo.

You were shooting in a range, apparently. In the very few ranges I’ve been in they have a ventilation system and with you having the somewhat big target that is, as mentioned thin, hung up by two clips I’m pretty sure it was not still not straight and could have caused that. I’d be curious as to the brand of ammo as well though.

Edited to say, looking closer at the picture not all the holes are “tumbled” some of the holes are fine.

You were shooting in a range, apparently. In the very few ranges I’ve been in they have a ventilation system and with you having the somewhat big target that is, as mentioned thin, hung up by two clips I’m pretty sure it was not still not straight and could have caused that. I’d be curious as to the brand of ammo as well though.

Edited to say, looking closer at the picture not all the holes are “tumbled” some of the holes are fine.
I will go back there and find out. It was a range employee who blames it on the ammo and not the range or the gun.

Thanks

Back