testtest

Sig Sour on Verdict After Jury Awards $2.3 Million to Man Shot By His Own P320

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Sig Sauer is appealing the decision on this case where the plaintiff was awarded $2.3 million dollars

Last edited:
Sig Sauer is appealing the decision on this case where the plaintiff was awarded 2.3 million dollars

Don't have alot of personal experience with the Sig 320P, tried it chambered for 9mm out on a range and it didn't feel as comfortable as my Beretta 92FS but I remember that the trigger squeeze was smoother. Doubt that's related to this issue though, thanks for the update! Have to follow this one, Sig has a strong rep, hope they are in the right here.

Sig Sauer is appealing the decision on this case where the plaintiff was awarded $2.3 million dollars

"Lang, a self-described lifelong gun enthusiast who said in court documents that he has “hundreds of hours behind the trigger,”

he "said" he had hundreds of hours behind the trigger"

can he prove those hours...??

i know i can//could...

i keep a pocket notebook, for the club, and the public range, as to:

date....and how much time there. usually 1 to 2 hours.

i go once, sometimes, twice, sometime up to 4 times a week, when i have a lot of ammo.

this is for my time at the club.

1719240331401.png

like my "log book" for cleaning, lubing, and type of ammo shot, and most importantly, WHAT gun i took that time.......i keep track.....it's "proof"..

i think someone should have demanded absolute proof of his "hundreds of hours at the trigger"

i'll do an "audit", and post my overall times at the trigger.....stay tuned...

looks like i too have "hundreds of verifiable hours" at the trigger, with 405.

Last edited:
I don’t own one but from my understanding it’s a design flaw with the disconnector. Thats coming from retired LE officer of 25 years , gunsmith and firearms trainer. Just what I have heard.
i had posted a video from i believe a gunsmith? and the fix. and Sig had a recall? maybe this yo-yo never sent it back..??

i have one, and love it.

it is my range toy however, i don't need nor want a full sized gun at my side.

i know i can//could...

i go once, sometimes, twice, sometime up to 4 times a week, when i have a lot of ammo.

View attachment 60716

like my "log book" for cleaning, lubing, and type of ammo shot, and most importantly, WHAT gun i took that time.......i keep track.....it's "proof"..

i think someone should have demanded absolute proof of his "hundreds of hours at the trigger"

now, with out a doubt, nearly all of you have way more hours at the trigger than i do...however, if, and i say IF i was to sue some gun company for a defective product, at the very least, i can back up my claim......

can this numbnuts sueing Sig, actually back up his claim of his hours..??

that's what Sig ought to demand

i had posted a video from i believe a gunsmith? and the fix. and Sig had a recall? maybe this yo-yo never sent it back..??

i have one, and love it.

it is my range toy however, i don't need nor want a full sized gun at my side.
Really wasn’t say recall, just a voluntary upgrade program…... but still, did this guy send it back……if not…..I still believe it’s a training issue or a holster issue in which Sig did put out a statement on holsters……not a gun issue…..

Don't have alot of personal experience with the Sig 320P, tried it chambered for 9mm out on a range and it didn't feel as comfortable as my Beretta 92FS but I remember that the trigger squeeze was smoother. Doubt that's related to this issue though, thanks for the update! Have to follow this one, Sig has a strong rep, hope they are in the right here.
Welcome to the forum, from Ohio.

Welcome to the forum...from west central Minnesota! 😎

I absolutely respect those that own and enjoy this pistol. Myself? I wouldn't keep this model if one were given to me. Other Sig Sauers? You bet!
i know what you mean..i wouldn't trust a pitbull, or a doberman myself

i cannot bring myself to trust either of them.

is it the dog, or the owner....that is the end result..????

same with the P320.......owner...or gun...??

i know i can//could...

View attachment 60716

When did you get rid of the stone tablet? 😎😆🙄😇

This will be thrown out on appeal. Why ? Because of this.

"According to his complaint, the gun discharged before he could lift it off his belt. The jury found Sig Sauer negligent due to the design of the weapon, particularly its lack of a trigger safety."

Back