testtest

Size Matters----port size as too + 2

The more 308 win based cases that make their way into the LAR barrel companies are popping up left and right. The first 308 bases cartridge I had was the 6.5 Creed barrel from Aero Precision with standard rifle length gas system. Not using an adjustable gas block it functioned flawlessly, but after that with the purchase of lighter and other various manufactures the popping of primers with factory ammo was consistent. I was going to an indoor range in Austin so I called them too see what the ammo rules were, I was told "Factory ammo only"! After my third shot while there the range officer informed me that I was popping primers. Does anyone build their own uppers and/or just buy complete? What have you done too combat the issues?

The only AR10 I have is the Ruger SR762 which was complete and I've not yet built any upper or lower AR. I do own 308, 6 6.5 in bolt action rifles. I haven't had any ammo issues as of yet though.

The only AR10 I have is the Ruger SR762 which was complete and I've not yet built any upper or lower AR. I do own 308, 6 6.5 in bolt action rifles. I haven't had any ammo issues as of yet though.
Usually the complete uppers don't have function issues, if any happen it would be likely from buffer and/or buffer spring.

Back