testtest

Snake Bite 101: The Effects of Venom & How To Treat a Snake Bite

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Surviving a snake bite is all about knowing what you’re up against. Venomous snakes can be found in warmer climates all over the world. Statistically speaking, the largest threat of a venomous bite in North America comes from a rattlesnake; they make up 16 out of the 21 species of venomous snakes on this continent.

As soon as the rattlesnake venom enters your body, hemotoxic elements begin to damage tissue and affect the circulatory system by destroying blood cells and skin tissues and causing internal hemorrhaging.

1715961043498.png

1715961177229.png

If you have a dog consider snake bite vaccine. Our 4 year old, 50 lb mixed breed was bitten by an adult rattlesnake. We had vaccinated and while in a lot of pain, he survived. I do not think he would still be with us without the vaccine.

I love this stuff. It's cold as hell.
" Guaranteed tenfold increase in vigor, bravery and pluck"

I can't forget the advice the late Marlin Perkins ("Mutual of Omaha-Wild Kingdom") would give regarding treatment for a Copperhead envenomation of a healthy adult):
"Go to a movie." :D
Perkins seemed a bit awkward on camera, but he was top-tier zoologist with years as reptile curator of the St. Louis Zoo (and later Professor Emeritus of same, President of the Wild Canid Survival & Research Center, etc.). Copperheads were everywhere outside St. Louis in places like Tyson Station Eco & Research facility when I was in grad school. My GSD was good at cornering them for capture/relocation around my cabin West of there. Still have them by the ton in North Carolina.

Attachments

• Copperhead1003Sm.jpg
    Copperhead1003Sm.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF3528cropCrinoids.jpg
    DSCF3528cropCrinoids.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 43
I can't forget the advice the late Marlin Perkins ("Mutual of Omaha-Wild Kingdom") would give regarding treatment for a Copperhead envenomation of a healthy adult):
"Go to a movie." :D
Perkins seemed a bit awkward on camera, but he was top-tier zoologist with years as reptile curator of the St. Louis Zoo (and later Professor Emeritus of same, President of the Wild Canid Survival & Research Center, etc.). Copperheads were everywhere outside St. Louis in places like Tyson Station Eco & Research facility when I was in grad school. My GSD was good at cornering them for capture/relocation around my cabin West of there. Still have them by the ton in North Carolina.
Yep. We have Copperheads all over the place. I'm southwest of the city by a good piece. I have relocated hundreds of them. I don't like them around the house.

My buddy got bitten by one screwing around with it while he was barefoot. He came to work the next day. One boot on. :ROFLMAO:

Tyson has a nice 14 mile trail that connects it to Lone Elk Park. It's a nice trip on a mountain bike.

Back