testtest

Solid Copper Bullets!

Bohica

Alpha
A friend just gave me 50 handloaded 44spl rounds with solid copper hollow points loaded to +P+ pressure to fire in my Super Redhawk for home defense! would solid copper over penetrate?

A friend just gave me 50 handloaded 44spl rounds with solid copper hollow points loaded to +P+ pressure to fire in my Super Redhawk for home defense! would solid copper over penetrate?
For one thing, you really shouldn’t shoot other people’s reloads, why would you use a super Redhawk for self defense, shortest barrel on those is 7 1/2”, that’s kind of over kill

Thats a good sized handgun but it does , or has, been offered in various lengths which are not bad for HD. There was/is a 5 inch version and the 2.5 in Alaskan model.

When you say solid copper do you mean a real solid, not hollow point? If so, in my opinion having shot. 44 magnums for 30 odd years, you might be better served with a nice 44 special hydroshock or Gold Dot for defensive use on a human being. Save the solids for big dangerous game hunting. Used a handgun for hunting for the past 40 years , now back in .357 magnum due to arthritis. Just an opinion.

But if you are talking like Barnes copper hollow points those are not bad bullets. Have seen some taken out of deer and other game and they look pretty impressive.

Last edited:
I don't know. I have revolvers bigger than 7.5" that I would and have used in a SD role.

It's especially helpful if there's a burglar hiding behind the refrigerator in your next door neighbor's house. :)
1693446567075.jpeg

Back