testtest

Springfield Armory 1911 EMP

I just bought a SA 1911 EMP for my wife.
I need to know some information about it.
Year it was made etc.
Would love to find a parts list for it or a diagram for the parts list.

I have looked for one on google and Springfield Armory but cannot find anything.

Any help would be great

Last edited:
Congrats on the new purchase, it would be best to call Springfield Customer Service up on this, as for parts, this gun is NOT a regular 1911, it’s smaller, so no 1911 parts will inter change with it. Here is SA CS number...800-680-6866, also talk to Mike H., he is associated with SA, also talk to XDman, they both are on this forum. Hope this helps you.

Is this the 9mm model-and also I have found some parts at Midwest Gun Works.
I have purchased a extra extractor and firing pin-also 2 magazines-but my models are the .40S&W but the hard parts are the same.
You have to make sure when your looking to read as whether they are for the EMP.

Thanks everyone. No manual. I will look to make sure anything I buy will be for an EMP. I did find a pdf on SA. It has all of the parts on 1 manual, brilliant idea, not. Yoy need to look for the model number in the diagram to figure out what parts you need. I will call SA CS and Lok for mike and XDman too

I've carried more than a few guns off-duty. The Springfield Armory EMP 3 9MM is by a huge a margin the best. It's extremely easy to conceal. It does weigh more than some of the featherweight 9MM handguns. I consider the EMP 3's weight beneficial. I've fired 147 grain Fed HST LE standard pressure, duty ammo out of mine, and I was easily able to keeps its muzzle on target which is where a self-defense handgun's muzzle must remain. My EMP 3 is 100% reliable and incredibly accurate.

I have skepticism of "shorty" handguns. My 2" Model 60 .38 Special (When I bought it, it was considered the definitive off-duty handgun.) with the FBI load is not fun to shoot. It's impossible to keep its muzzle on target between rounds due to recoil.

I've watched a friend shoot a .45 Auto shorty (3" barrel). With 230 ball ammo, recoil had its muzzle pointing at the ceiling. It was too much cartridge for the size of the gun. The unique and possibly ingenious engineering of the EMP 3's recoil system eliminates/mitigates recoil thereby facilitating sight picture retention. Sight picture retention is a critical tactical advantage.

From my perspective of and my experience with concealable handguns, the Springfield Armory EMP 3 9MM is the best concealed carry handgun available. The caveat is if I were able to urban carry my Springfield Armory TRP .45 ACP, it would be best. While easy to conceal, a full-size 1991-A1 handgun when fully loaded with 230 grain ammo is a heavy weapon.

When buying a handgun that might be used to save your life, buy the best you can afford.

Back