testtest

Springfield Hellion - Break-in Period?

Managed to get my hands on a Hellion about two months ago and finally got the chance to start shooting it.

I've run into a few failure-to-feed or stovepipe issues, though. Sometimes have to pull the charging handle back and shake the round loose because two rounds are trying to load at once or something.

(This sometimes would come up when trying to load a snap-cap, but that might be me just not pulling the handle far back enough.)

Is this just teething pains, or is there something I should be inspecting the rifle for?

(For reference, I've exclusively been shooting Winchester's 55-grain 200 round range pack. Not for any special reason, just buying in bulk + my local range doesn't allow green-tip.)

Managed to get my hands on a Hellion about two months ago and finally got the chance to start shooting it.

I've run into a few failure-to-feed or stovepipe issues, though. Sometimes have to pull the charging handle back and shake the round loose because two rounds are trying to load at once or something.

(This sometimes would come up when trying to load a snap-cap, but that might be me just not pulling the handle far back enough.)

Is this just teething pains, or is there something I should be inspecting the rifle for?

(For reference, I've exclusively been shooting Winchester's 55-grain 200 round range pack. Not for any special reason, just buying in bulk + my local range doesn't allow green-tip.)
One magazine or all the magazines?

One magazine or all the magazines?
I have a Gen 2 MagPull P-Mag and a Gen 3. I can't recall which one came with the rifle (I *believe* it was the Gen 2, but I bought the second one from my LGS while I was there picking it up and don't recall anymore.)

I haven't been tracking if the issues are specific to one or the other.

I have a Gen 2 MagPull P-Mag and a Gen 3. I can't recall which one came with the rifle (I *believe* it was the Gen 2, but I bought the second one from my LGS while I was there picking it up and don't recall anymore.)

I haven't been tracking if the issues are specific to one or the other.
Try that first. Also pay attention to where in the magazine it happens, and if it’s consistent with all mags.

Back