testtest

Springfield Model 2020 Boundary Review

I bought the 2020 waypoint in 6.5 Creedmoor a couple of years ago. I had some skepticism about it at first but it is now the favorite rife of both my wife and daughter. Honestly, I can't find anything to fault in it. It's turned out to be a straight shooter. Now Spingfield has managed to up the game once again. Please stop!!! Cuz everytime you do this I feel the uge to go out and buy one.

I prefer traditional sporting rifles for hunting and don’t quite understand the drift toward “tactical features” on a hunting rifle. This particular rifle seems to hold to the sporting tradition while incorporating some modern upgrades that would strengthen its durability afield. That’s a plus. However, what is the reason for a 2-piece bolt? And further, I have always found that a simple smooth round bolt knob is the easiest and fastest to operate as well as being the most aesthetically pleasing. So, I don’t know what the advantages of a “pear-shaped bolt knob” would be, and I have even less understanding, or appreciation for these over-sized bolt knobs appearing on tactical rifles that look like a lug nut on an 18-wheeler. Maybe some of you folks in the tactical community could educate me? Would appreciate the added understanding.

I prefer traditional sporting rifles for hunting and don’t quite understand the drift toward “tactical features” on a hunting rifle. This particular rifle seems to hold to the sporting tradition while incorporating some modern upgrades that would strengthen its durability afield. That’s a plus. However, what is the reason for a 2-piece bolt? And further, I have always found that a simple smooth round bolt knob is the easiest and fastest to operate as well as being the most aesthetically pleasing. So, I don’t know what the advantages of a “pear-shaped bolt knob” would be, and I have even less understanding, or appreciation for these over-sized bolt knobs appearing on tactical rifles that look like a lug nut on an 18-wheeler. Maybe some of you folks in the tactical community could educate me? Would appreciate the added understanding.
I have oversized bolt knobs on most of my rifles. It's a personal preference thing. I like the feel in my hand as it give me more grip area and most over sized knobs extend the lever a slightly which offers a bit more leverage. just my 2c

This is actually the rifle I have been waiting for. I just can't get into the magazine sticking out of the bottom thing. I understand why it is appealing to some, but I don't need it on a hunting rifle and it disturbs the balance point of the rifle.

Back