testtest

Springfield Saint Victor 300 BO Issue?

BET7

Ronin
Founding Member
Forum member @Mr.Brooklyn asks the following in his profile post:

"Has anyone else been having problems with the Springfield Saint Victor 300 Blackout jamming? I just purchased this firearm brand new and immediately I began having these issues my first time shooting it."

I decided to post his question as a forum thread (I hope you don't mind Mr.Brooklyn), as I just also recently purchased the Saint Victor 300BO pistol (haven't taking it to the range yet), and I am now also curious if others have experienced problems. I know @Keystone19250 also had the 300BO Saint Victor before selling it. Has anyone else with the 300 Saint Victor experienced these issues? Could it be needing a gas block adjustment even though not running with a suppressor (at least in my case, yet). Any (and all), help appreciated, asking for a friend ;).

May need to put on an adjuatable gas block. I know of many other .300BO’s that had jamming issues with a non adjustable gas block. Cant speak for the Saint Victor specifically, buts its a common issue in the caliber without a non adjustable block
Thanks KillerFord. According to the salesperson that sold mine and the SA website on the specifics of the Saint Victor 300, It does have an adjustable Gas Block that comes with the firearm. Perhaps that's an option to explore than.

Thanks KillerFord. According to the salesperson that sold mine and the SA website on the specifics of the Saint Victor 300, It does have an adjustable Gas Block that comes with the firearm. Perhaps that's an option to explore than.
Tuning gas block for the ammo used in the weapon will be a key factor IMO. Not hard to do. being overgassed with the ammo used will jam it up quick.

my .308 FN fal had an adjustablegas block and I have to tune it for most hunting rounds but not standard 147 gr ammo. I’m prob certain the .300BO is experiencing similar with the ammo

Tuning gas block for the ammo used in the weapon will be a key factor IMO. Not hard to do. being overgassed with the ammo used will jam it up quick.

my .308 FN fal had an adjustablegas block and I have to tune it for most hunting rounds but not standard 147 gr ammo. I’m prob certain the .300BO is experiencing similar with the ammo
Well thanks Killer, perhaps that's what Mr.Brooklyn is experiencing and I may as well when I get it to the range. Something to watch out for.

Well thanks Killer, perhaps that's what Mr.Brooklyn is experiencing and I may as well when I get it to the range. Something to watch out for.
Should be a set screw(s) off to the side or under the gas block. Sometimes offset near the top or bottom on the sides to have access to the screw thru an mlok rail.
Screwing in or tighter will restrict the gas. Screwing out or loosen will open up more gas. Usually only minor turns are needed.

should have access without taking off a handguard on almost all rifles that have an adjustable gas block. Shoot, adjust, shoot again, repeat until you have it tuned not to jam with the ammo.

Should be a set screw(s) off to the side or under the gas block. Sometimes offset near the top or bottom on the sides to have access to the screw thru an mlok rail.
Screwing in or tighter will restrict the gas. Screwing out or loosen will open up more gas. Usually only minor turns are needed.

should have access without taking off a handguard on almost all rifles that have an adjustable gas block. Shoot, adjust, shoot again, repeat until you have it tuned not to jam with the ammo.
Thanks KF, my Victor came with a long hex key wrench to adjust if necessary. I'm guessing Brooklyn's came with the same and will need to adjust for the ammo being shot. Best to load mag with only 1 round at a time, fire, eject mag, ensure bolt locked open and adjust as required & repeat until resolved.

From the manual: here ya go !!!

easy peasy !!

F35FE18E-5532-4EAA-83BB-DC3285923ABA.jpeg

@BET7 run it and tune it to a “heavy” supersonic round, I’d say around a 150 Grain to get the BCG cycling completely. Then run the gun for a couple hundred rounds. Then try heavier grain rounds leading into “lite” subsonic and adjust the gas block so the BCG continues to cycle.
You will find you’ll get a point that with the “heavy” 200-220 grain subsonic rounds that there is not enough adjustment available and the gun will fail to cycle. It will shoot, and eject but not load another round. I did the research, change to a lighter buffer spring or get a suppresser for the heavy subsonic ammunition.

@BET7 run it and tune it to a “heavy” supersonic round, I’d say around a 150 Grain to get the BCG cycling completely. Then run the gun for a couple hundred rounds. Then try heavier grain rounds leading into “lite” subsonic and adjust the gas block so the BCG continues to cycle.
You will find you’ll get a point that with the “heavy” 200-220 grain subsonic rounds that there is not enough adjustment available and the gun will fail to cycle. It will shoot, and eject but not load another round. I did the research, change to a lighter buffer spring or get a suppresser for the heavy subsonic ammunition.
Good stuff to know Keystone, I appreciated it and will link to @Mr.Brooklyn as well. Between KillerFord and you, this is a good place to start if having these issues.

From the manual: here ya go !!!

easy peasy !!

View attachment 9805
In looking through my Pistol accessories, looks like I got the "Adjustable Metering Screw" and should/could follow the Mode 3 directions. Mode 2 color Metering Jet Screws appear to be for Victor (& other ), models that firer at higher pressures than .223 (such as full NATO spec ammo (like 5.56)), and I'm guessing that's why I didn't get them with the 300BO, for the Mode 2 option.

Forum member @Mr.Brooklyn asks the following in his profile post:

"Has anyone else been having problems with the Springfield Saint Victor 300 Blackout jamming? I just purchased this firearm brand new and immediately I began having these issues my first time shooting it."

I decided to post his question as a forum thread (I hope you don't mind Mr.Brooklyn), as I just also recently purchased the Saint Victor 300BO pistol (haven't taking it to the range yet), and I am now also curious if others have experienced problems. I know @Keystone19250 also had the 300BO Saint Victor before selling it. Has anyone else with the 300 Saint Victor experienced these issues? Could it be needing a gas block adjustment even though not running with a suppressor (at least in my case, yet). Any (and all), help appreciated, asking for a friend ;).
Thank you all for this confirmation and education. my SSV300 has suffered since I got it in 2020. It just got to a point where I was like I have to do something about this and it can't just be me. Although when I took it to my local gun smith not sure why he didn't pickup on this.

Back