testtest

Stripper clip mount.

Typoman

Alpha
My standard issue M1A is So new that it is yet to be shipped. As I wait I wonder what is the preferred mounting for a quick acquisition red. Scope.

You will need to purchase either the Gen 4 Aluminum scope mount or the Steel Gen 4. Once you register your rifle for warranty, you will be able to get a discount on either. Both mounts are picatinny style, and there is a bit of a different mounting process between the two. Don't ask me for results, right now I am having a sighting in issue, and I need to determine of it is the mount or the scope (A Vortex Viper). You can see a video on The Armory Life about mounting the aluminum base. This is the steel mount.

Regards,
Bill

Attachments

• 20200709_111151.jpg
    20200709_111151.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 708
I do not believe so. Nothing like that from Springfield. The aluminum scope mount attaches only to the side. The steel mount attaches to the side as well as the stripper guide dovetail. To install the steel scope mount, the stripper guide must be removed, (don't re install it) a loose fitting block slides in, and is attached to the rear rail by a socket head screw. It tightens the whole rail down along with the side mount bolt. I understand what you are looking for, but I haven't seen or heard of such a mount.

Regards,
Bill

Back